General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Hesitates then kick in the pants..

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 10:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hesitates then kick in the pants..

2000 LS1/TR224/LS6 intake/headers/M6

Car has been driving great for years. Recently I noticed a little bit of a miss when warm, and a very bad miss/stuttering/hesitation when cold. When it is cold, if you roll into the throttle at all it just spits and sputters and doesn't really want to go anywhere - like an old carbuerated car without a choke. I also noticed a slight miss while cruising when warm. Today I took a look at it, pulled all the plugs - TR55's. All gapped at .050, all look perfect. No signs of detonation, not rich, not oil soaked, all perfectly tan. Checked all my wires. All at ~330ohms of resistance except one which was way out of range. Swapped that one out with a spare. Checked resistance on the TPS, scales smoothly without any abrupt changes. Cleaned the MAF. Put it all back together and went for a drive. It seems like my slight miss has gone away but now I have a problem with WOT and tip in. If I go WOT, the car will slowly climb the rev range, smoothly but slooow. Then all of a sudden all hell breaks lose and its like I was rear ended by a freight train and its off to the races. It seems most common to do this at WOT around 4700-5000rpm or so. Anyway, cars not throwing any codes for me to work with. Where to look next?
Old 02-12-2012, 11:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Fuel pump is going out. My car had the exact same symptoms. Good news is they sell entire assemblies for 99+ cars for $150 at rock auto.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ Have you tried a different fuel pump yet?