Old 03-03-2012, 08:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 241 Likes on 197 Posts

glass lenses? never heard of them
Old 03-06-2012, 10:16 AM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wssix99
Before you go and change the socket, you should properly test for what is going on. (I think you have more than one problem here.)

What happens when you turn on your parking lights? What happens when you turn on your hazards. Do both sides flash in all four corners of the car? What happens to the rear bulbs when you turn on the turn signals? (left and right)

The second problem is indeed probably a socket. When you change it, here's a method to avoid doing a splice - which could lead to other problems down the road: (The wires are in a wet location and doing a water tight splice is not a fun thing.)
- Take note of the order of the colored wires going in to the old socket.
- The socket has a body and an insert in the middle. The insert holds the bulb. Take a screw driver and pop out the insert in the old socket. The body will probably break apart - that's OK. When you do that, the wires will pull right out of the body. They will have connectors on the end, which receive the insert and they will probably be in good condition.
- Carefully remove the insert from the new socket. (You don't want to tear the new one apart!) You should be able to re-assemble the new body and insert on to the existing wires.
I had no idea what you were talking about when I originally read it but now that I have my new one, I completely agree. This is the best way to do it. However, my connectors on the wires are corroded a little.... I'll just polish them up and reassemble.

Quick Reply: Turn signal issues. HELP!!