General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

HELP! With driver's side window!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 07:29 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! With driver's side window!

My driver's side window is currently down...and it won't go up. The button does not work at all, I don't hear any kind of noise coming from it when I press the button. The passenger side window works, whether I use the button on the passenger or driver door. The locks work too, but the driver's side window button does not work.

Any idea on what it could be? 6 months ago I replaced the motor and mount in the door. Could it possibly be the switch? Ideas please! I need to be able to roll my window up!!!
Old 03-18-2012, 11:53 PM
On The Tree

Sounds like the motor.. I just had to replace mine again as well.. you can take the panel off and check to see if there's any loose wires but if not then more then likely It's the motor..
Old 03-19-2012, 02:13 AM

Pull the door panel off and take the speaker out and unplug the motor plug and with a test light, probe the two terminals while actuating the button to see if you are getting power to the motor if you have power there then you know its the motor. If no power at the motor plug back up to your switch and make sure you have power coming in to that side of the switch if you have it coming in but none going out when you actuate the switch then you know its the switch. If no power in to switch then you will have a broke wire between switch and fuse box or a blown fuse.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:22 PM
Banned

UPDATE: So I went out to the car 10 minutes after I posted this, put the key in and turned the battery on and voila, it worked again.

Today I was out driving around, windows down. Pull up in the parking lot and press the button to roll the windows back up. It doesn't work...in my frustration I hit the door panel and tried it again, now it works.

If it's going in and out like that, and comes back after I hit it, could it be a bad swtich?
Old 03-19-2012, 12:48 PM
On The Tree

Its a well known issue.
I think these should help:
Directly from the FAQ
How to fix your radio/door locks/windows etc from flickering, cutting in/out:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-maintenance-repairs/883334-ls1-body-control-module-problems-fix.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/wiring-stereo-electronics/969723-how-fix-your-radio-door-locks-windows-etc-flickering.html

If its stuck you just need to lock/unlock the doors a couple of times or hit the area to the back of the glovebox from under just where the passenger feet would be, that's the solution until you fix it.

Last edited by UAE_Z28; 03-19-2012 at 12:53 PM.