General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Part number for catalytic converter

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 09:30 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Part number for catalytic converter

Hey folks,

I have a SLP high flow cats on the car right now, but my passenger side cat has failed. It rattles to no end, sounds like marbles are jumping around in there and is only noticeable at idle, which is annoying and embarrasing at traffic lights.

Anyways, I was wondering what type of common universal replacement cats I should go with. I've read that Magnaflow makes a decent cat. But I don't know he part number for a universal 2.5" diameter cat?

I know cats are expensive, but without breaking the bank are there other good options out there and if you could please provide the part number that would be appreciated!

Thanks guys
Old 03-19-2012, 01:21 PM
On The Tree

I believe the model no. for the right Magnaflow catalytic converter is 46476. The left is 46477.
Edit: These are the direct fit replacement for the 98-99 camaro. Not the Universal ones.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:38 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by UAE_Z28
I believe the model no. for the right Magnaflow catalytic converter is 46476. The left is 46477.
Edit: These are the direct fit replacement for the 98-99 camaro. Not the Universal ones.
Thanks for your reply, before I noticed your edited post, I checked them out, but like you said their the OEM direct fit replacements. I need Hi-flow or at least a universal type cat that will fit into 2.5" piping. I currently have the old style SLP headers and Y-Pipe.. Like it states in my first post, I currently have SLP high flow cats, but I think I'm going to steer clear of those this time around, they don't clean as good as I'd like. I usually cut it close to the provincial limit for emissions running those. I don't need the top of the line, but I don't want the absolute cheapest either.

I should also add that I'm leaning towards metallic substrate cats. The replacement ones need to be similar in size to the SLP high flow cats for easy installation.

Thanks guys

Last edited by cnd99hawk; 03-19-2012 at 02:41 PM.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:58 PM
Launching!

Anyone? Please haha