General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

My car interior is a convection oven...

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 12:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My car interior is a convection oven...

Hey here in Chicago,the temps have been in the mid 90's the last few days but the problem rears its head around 80°.

The AC has been removed so that aint an option for me, what steps can be done to cool the car off? It feels like the carpet,tunnel & dash are warm. I recently bled the clutch and put a small flap (3 sided cut,bent tab back instead of using a holesaw) in the tunnel and noticed that the OEM sound insulation was still there. I thought it had been removed due to carpet being warm.

A friend suggested I start from underneath by shielding floors from exhaust with a truck bedliner,I have LT/no cats so im not sure its the exhaust cookin me like this. Any ideas?
Old 06-21-2012, 01:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ummm... it's going to be hot no matter what you do if it sits outside. Roll the windows down.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Put your AC back in
Old 06-21-2012, 02:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Roll down your windows and take out the T-Top's if you have them, doing all the things that you mentioned won't do much at all in the type of heat that your car is in. Hate to say it, but A/C is the only thing that will truly solve your problem.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't think anything will help much. Sunvisor? I don't know though, I think it is what it is...
Old 06-21-2012, 02:30 PM
Staging Lane

Are the windows tinted? A good quality tint can keep some of the outside heat out of the car. I felt like I got less heat from the exhaust in a prior car after I sprayed it with Lizard Skin sound deadner. It's thinner and probably easier/cheaper than bedliner.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:13 PM
Teching In

Actually its garaged, this is radiating heat from the car engine or exhaust. Like say it was 90 durin the day and temps fell to 77 or so durin the night. If I took it out durin a midnight cruise I can feel heat coming from the floor. I know AC is the answer, I have access to 4 friends F-bodies and mine seems to be the only one with this issue.

back hatch has 5% and side are fish bowls still.