General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

LS1>LT1 radiator swap write-up?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 12:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

I'm talking about the port on the bottom driver side of the radiator. When it's under pressure there is a steady drip off the vaccum cap I used but so far I am only assuming it's directly coming from that port and not from higher above as I haven't been under the car.

I think it may have been you who posted photos of yours in another thread... if it is, you used a short piece of tubing with a brass plug on the end with a pair of clamps...sound familiar? If yes, what sizes do I need?
Old 04-29-2013, 12:29 PM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JimMueller
I'm talking about the port on the bottom driver side of the radiator. When it's under pressure there is a steady drip off the vaccum cap I used but so far I am only assuming it's directly coming from that port and not from higher above as I haven't been under the car.

I think it may have been you who posted photos of yours in another thread... if it is, you used a short piece of tubing with a brass plug on the end with a pair of clamps...sound familiar? If yes, what sizes do I need?
Yes, that's me. And yes, I used a 6" piece of heater hose and clamped it on. Then the brass plug screwed into the end of the hose with a clamp.

I can't remember the size. But it can only be 3/4" or 5/8"...... So just get both pieces, brass plugs to fit and two clamps. It should all cost about $10.

My car is at the shop now getting tuned or I'd go measure the hose for you.

It also makes a great flush port.......better than the little plastic petcock drain.

.......or see if they have a radiator in stock, pull it out in the store and measure the port for the right hose....just to be sure......

Old 05-09-2013, 02:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

For future reference, it was 5/8" hose. I couldn't find a matching brass plug at a local auto store so I found one at Home Depot in the plumbing section.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:53 PM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JimMueller
For future reference, it was 5/8" hose. I couldn't find a matching brass plug at a local auto store so I found one at Home Depot in the plumbing section.
Cool. I actually might go get a new piece of hose tomorrow.

Quick Reply: LS1>LT1 radiator swap write-up?