General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

98 LS1 no spark/injector pulse

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 11:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 LS1 no spark/injector pulse

Had glitchy starts for about two days; wouldn't start, then try again and would with no problem. Then it stopped starting altogether. I have no spark or injector pulse. So I replaced the crank/cam sensors (and the mapping sensor too, because I broke it getting to the cam sensor ). Still nothing. Something wrong with my PCM maybe?
Old 10-29-2012, 01:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kurtjoneal
Had glitchy starts for about two days; wouldn't start, then try again and would with no problem. Then it stopped starting altogether. I have no spark or injector pulse. So I replaced the crank/cam sensors (and the mapping sensor too, because I broke it getting to the cam sensor ). Still nothing. Something wrong with my PCM maybe?
Try swapping or replacing your ignition relay. You can use your A/C relay for testing purposes.

How do you know you had no injector pulse? Put a noid light on them? Also, is the car cranking at least? Want to make sure it isn't VATS related. Good luck
Old 10-29-2012, 01:33 PM
Teching In

Yeah I used noid lights. And it still cranks.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:00 AM
On The Tree

Sounds like a PCM issue to me. Had the same thing happen twice on my 98 before converting the harness to use a 99+ PCM. The 98 PCM is pretty much junk. If you have a code reader or scan tool, look for code P0601 - that's the tell-tale sign. If that's the case, give hawksthirdgenparts a call. I was able to get a used PCM, programmed for my car, from them for $150
Old 11-08-2012, 05:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lt1pwr1
Try swapping or replacing your ignition relay. You can use your A/C relay for testing purposes.

How do you know you had no injector pulse? Put a noid light on them? Also, is the car cranking at least? Want to make sure it isn't VATS related. Good luck
why ignition relay?

Quick Reply: 98 LS1 no spark/injector pulse