General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

MAF question?????????????

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 02:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the starter fuse for not the relay but the fuse itself? I have no power to this fuse but the fuse is good it not blown I have no power coming from the circuit itself.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

no fire to the plugs? you mean the current? what plugs?.
from what you've said what i would do is re-run new wires from the relays to the plugs or from where ever those plugs are supposed to get the current from.

anytime, tbh i wouldn't know what to do if i was in your situation, i don't even know how i came up with all this.

keep at it.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:33 PM
Staging Lane

I was refering to the fan plugs but you figured it out. I'm just going to run a toggle switch and be through with it. Any idea of what gauge wire I should use.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

woah woah woah, what starter fuse which circuit.
running a toggle switch might not really be a good idea as the fans will only turn in one speed setting resulting in over heating in the future and won't even help with the codes.

here's a small idea... get a wire from the battery and feed that circuit.. see what happens.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:33 PM
Staging Lane

Its strange the starter fuse has no power to it when I test it but when I pull the fuse the car won't start and when I put it back in it starts right up. But still no power to the fuse. Now thats wierd don't ya think. The starter fuse is the only fuse in the fuse box that doesn't have power to it.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

i don't think there is your problem but hey never a bad choice to get a new one instead.
i would check and change "ALL" my fuses if i were you, there's been situations were ppl had fuses that looked fine but didn't work.

P.S. Try my small idea & let us know.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:17 PM
Staging Lane

Well i finally got them to come on. I noticed the relays had different numbers on them so I went to our local U auto pull it and pulled the relays off another camaro and sure enough the relays had different numbers from mine so I installed those and fans came on. Thanks guys for your help. Now its time to move on the next issue. I have a code P0507 so I'm thinking about pulling the intake and changing the gaskets ensuring I don't have any leaks around the intake. I can't seem to find a vacuum leak any where else and change the pcv valve out while I'm at it. Then I'll move on to the 02 sensors. Then I'll finally be able to get my tune or should I wait until after I get my stall convertor. I'm thinking 3600 or 4000 stall convertor. Whats you guys input on that?
Old 01-23-2013, 01:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

[QUOTE=theMOSTWANTED;17084596]Well i finally got them to come on. I noticed the relays had different numbers on them so I went to our local U auto pull it and pulled the relays off another camaro and sure enough the relays had different numbers from mine so I installed those and fans came on. Thanks guys for your help. Now its time to move on the next issue. I have a code P0507 so I'm thinking about pulling the intake and changing the gaskets ensuring I don't have any leaks around the intake. I can't seem to find a vacuum leak any where else and change the pcv valve out while I'm at it. Then I'll move on to the 02 sensors. Then I'll finally be able to get my tune or should I wait until after I get my stall convertor. I'm thinking 3600 or 4000 stall convertor. Whats you guys input on that?

First I already told you that the P0507 is a thing that will be fixed with the tune ... Its plain english, the meaning of that code is "IDLE Rpm higher than expected" which means the idle rpm is high ... Proceed to another issue, the P0507 will go off with the tune just make sure you mention it... About stalls I say 3600 I've seen that number more than I ever saw 4k though
Old 01-23-2013, 01:46 PM
Staging Lane

I'm sorry I forgot what you said about the P0507 code. My car runs better it just get sluggish once it change out into over drive. I pulled the plugs and they look brand new still like I'm running super lean. Will a tune fix this issur or you think it might be do to the o2s need changing?
Old 01-23-2013, 04:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

O2's have a role running your car so yes they can make the car drive worse.
change both and see if the codes disappear, proceed with other stuff.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:44 PM
Staging Lane

One more question and I'll leave you alone I don't want to be too much of a hassle. The reason I was thinking of pulling the intake is because I hear air coming from so where. I don't know if you suppose to hear air traveling through the intake or what I tried spraying starter fluid around vacuum lines but no change in idle. I hear it mostly on the driver side though. When I turn the car I can really hear it right before it dies out. Do you know of anything else to check for.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:06 PM
Staging Lane

Well today was pretty successful. I cleaned my MAF and TB. I drove the car around for a while just cruising no hard acelleration maybe here are there. It runs smoother but still falls flat once it changes into over drive. I had my codes scanned again. Much better this time I have P0140 -P0160- P0405 -P1635. The p0140 and p0160 are the rear o2s correct don't have those so oh well, p0405 is egr well took all that off. So leads me with the p1635 which I have no clue what the hell to do here. It suppose to be a 5 volt reference circuit 1. What to check here?

Quick Reply: MAF question?????????????