General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Code P1635 Should I worry or not?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 09:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Code P1635 Should I worry or not?

I got a Code P1635 is this cose something that would cause any performance loss or drivability. I was told it wasn't. i just wanted some other opinions on this issue. I have searched threads pertaining this issue and have not found 1 thread where the problem was solved. It always a dead thread. What can I do to fix this? So far all I know is its a 5 volt reference circuit 1. Someone said its dealing with the tps, egr, and map sensor. But what to check for and how?
Old 01-25-2013, 09:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah the web says it's teh 5v reference circuit that feeds various sensors like tps & map.
if i can remember i'll look in my service manual and see if there's a description of it.
my best guess is one of those sensors are drawing too much current causing the 5v bus to go low, or there's a possible short or path to ground on one of those wires or plugs, or the dc converter inside the pcm is failing and cannot provide enough power on that 5v bus to maintain 5v in which case you would need a new PCM.
don't know if you should worry or not, if car runs fine and it's just the ses light on then eh. but if you start throwing under DTC's and the engine starts stumbling and lights flickering then it's going to be something that needs fixing. would also need car info and history to better diagnose.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:58 PM
Staging Lane

Oh I'm sorry. The car is 99 z28. Its mostly stock except for the LT heads LM exhaust. I just purchased the car and came up with this code. I see wires put together with connectors behind the intake. I have no idea what the wires go to, I can't really see back there but they are on the passenger back side of the intake.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:03 AM
Staging Lane

Any take on my last post. You guys have been very helpful. Please don't leave me hanging now. What do you think these wires could be behind the intake. This may be where I look into since I have that code P1635.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:41 PM
Staging Lane

Ok guys its been a while but I think I finally found the problem. the wires with the connectors are to the map sensor. i guess the previous wripped the pig tail off and replaced it with a different one. The wires are green, gray, and black. They tied in a pig tail with yellow, red and black the connection fit but I guess they wired it wrong. I went to u-auto-pull it and found another pig tail and wired it accordingly and when I started the car I immediately noticed a change for the better in the idle. I haven't drove the car yet because I'm waiting till the wifey get home to watch the kids. I hope this solves the problem.

Quick Reply: Code P1635 Should I worry or not?