General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Massive wheel hop's .. help

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 06:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 134 Likes on 118 Posts

'air bags'
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ai...make/chevrolet

do LCA relocation backets(bolt-in) and shocks,the OEM shocks aren't handling the loading/unloading of the suspension.
I'll let others recommend what shocks.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AmDWs6
i'm surprised honestly, most of you had me thinking that i have a miraculous rear end.
it only happens at launch "racing launch"
first gear rolling fine, shifting to 2nd the disco's back
i just re-tuned it and had to test.

i'll make sure i get it fixed, but now i'm wondering do i need relocation brackets for the phb,lca,tq? i know the tq relocation is a hell yea but what about phb,lca.. keeping in mind that in a further future i'll be getting the 9" rear end or the nearer future if this one dies out.
believe me, we are not trying to tell you that your rear end is a strong factory freek or anything like that. by the pic we can all see what you put your stock rear through and are amazed that you didn't blow it up.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FirstYrLS1Z
'air bags'
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ai...make/chevrolet

do LCA relocation backets(bolt-in) and shocks,the OEM shocks aren't handling the loading/unloading of the suspension.
I'll let others recommend what shocks.
i know what air bags are i'm just not familiar with having them in suspension if i may, all i'm looking for here is a briefing of such a mod.

Originally Posted by poltergeist 02
believe me, we are not trying to tell you that your rear end is a strong factory freek or anything like that. by the pic we can all see what you put your stock rear through and are amazed that you didn't blow it up.
i'm sure all of you "tech's" aren't supporting to do what's being done, non the less i expected a lot of responses such as so although i have to say it seemed like any wheel hop would break the rear end according to you guys.

---
On Topic: Why would i want to do the air bags?
Old 01-29-2013, 11:37 PM
Teching In

Most people call them drag bags, but when inflated they reduce wheel hop by reducing the ability of the spring to compress and actually bounce up. Then bleed the air back out when you want your ride quality back. I've never used these myself but I'm thinking about getting some for the track this year now that I have gto with irs. I personally would do the other suspension upgrades already discussed first though to actually solve problem as opposed to overcoming the problem...
Old 01-30-2013, 02:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'm runing 275/45/17 nt555's and nvr been to the strip yet, those wheel hops are on a street.
Ill start with lCA Tq when I get the budget for them

I know I'd need relocation for the tq but why get them for the lca's considering the fact that ill get a 9" sooner or later
Old 01-30-2013, 09:53 AM
Teching In

Spohn claims to drop a tenth off 60' with just the lca relocation brackets (theirs are weld in). They are also highly recommended if the car is lowered to get the correct angle on the lca's. I believe it would, but not sure if that would help with wheel hop. The relocation brackets could be done later if you feel like you need it after upgrading other things.

Quick Reply: Massive wheel hop's .. help