General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

security and Airbag lights... i hate them, how to turn off?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 10:19 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default security and Airbag lights... i hate them, how to turn off?

so i cant stand these lights anymore.. ill start with the security light, as that i know a bit of back history...

its on all the time, doesn't cause a problem with starting or anything, its just on. i know the car doesn't have the original cluster in it but it functions properly besides the light. i dont know if it has the original BCM, but does that matter? heres the other fishy thing, i go to try to get into the body control via a GM tech2 scan tool, and i get a no communication error?! really?!!?! what the deuce?

thoughts on that one?

now the air bag light... its on all the time also. i do have the air bags still in the car. when i plug it in, i get a B1001 code... cant seem to find much info

now my sole goal is to just turn the lights off, if i have to cut a wire, jumper something, put a resistor inline, ect.. im fine with that. especially the airbag cuz i wont have airbags for much longer.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:04 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Can you tell us what your long term plan for the car is and what its history is? How long have you had it?

It sounds like someone did some crazy wiring and/or your car was in an accident.

FYI - Your airbags may still be in the car, but with they light on, you can't expect they will work in a crash.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:03 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive had the car for a year, its very clean, no accident history.
ive had the dash apart and all factory wiring is intact. nothing disturbed.
i added a stereo, but that was it.
EVERYTHING works as it should

the car is a daily right now, this summer it will be transformed into a toy.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:44 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Hummm - lots of odd things. Even if you are going to transform the car, I'd still find the cause of the issues even if you don't intend to fix the problems. That should be added insurance for the future.

It could all be BCM related if that replacement was half-baked:

http://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...estions-35967/

I'd start by looking at VATS and maybe see if a dealer can get the TechII to wake up. You may just have a VATS issue and improper programming for your airbag/VIN in the various modules.

Quick Reply: security and Airbag lights... i hate them, how to turn off?