General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Need help to diagnose problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 04:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PAGregSS
Yes, that is a '98 tank as it has the metal pipes and tank. Want to be careful with the hole on the '99+ as to not cut the plastic pipes when making the hole.
I had read somewhere when starting holes with a drill bit to use tape on the bit to keep it from going in too far. I think I'm going to do that and then carefully use some good tin snips to cut out the hole after I mark it up.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:50 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good news!! Bigger half of the problem has been resolved with a replacement PCM. Big thanks to MikeyZ for a good price and fast shipping on the replacement!! No more sputtering, missing, cutting out or whatever you want to call what it was doing. Drove for about 10-12 miles and no issues at all with the way the car ran.

Now on to the rest of the issue. I no longer have code P1635. PCM took care of that as well. I still have P0452 and P1639. I'm pretty sure I still need to either cut the trap door or drop the tank to see what else is going on.

I'm guessing from what you guys have said that I have an issue with either the fuel tank pressure sensor or the wiring to it or possibly something with the fuel level sensor / assembly or wiring to it.

Since there was a rodent at one point living under the fuse box, there could be an issue with one of the wires on top of the tank as well. I've read that some others have found that is another common place they like to hang out and chew on ****.

At least for now I'm good to drive as long as I keep track of my mileage and roughly where the fuel level should be. I will keep you guys updated when I get the trap door cut or the tank dropped. I may drop the tank and cut the door while it's out this time to inspect all the wiring really good and maybe even clean out the tank while it's out.

Quick Reply: Need help to diagnose problem