General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

1995 LT1 odd noise/feel near gas pedal??

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 03:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 LT1 odd noise/feel near gas pedal??

I have a 95 z28 that's mostly stock with cold air intake and cat delete exhaust.. Recently I have felt a slight thump or thud type of sound/feel near the gas pedal going over some(not all) bumps.. The car does need new shocks cause they are stock and the car has 99k miles.. Has new outer tie rod ends, sway bar end links and new sway bar bushings.. It makes no noise if you push down on the front of the car only when driving and if you hit a fairly sized bump.. Please help.. And can bad shocks make this sound?? Keep in mind it is felt in the gas pedal only on a few bumps.. Thanks
Old 05-01-2013, 11:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do a once over on the whole suspension again, there are to many things that can cause a bump/clunk noise to say what it is. Have someone push up and down on the car while you look for the source of the noise.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:55 PM

Thanks for the reply, I may get a friend to push up and down on the front of the car while I look but I have pushed up and down on it and never makes a sound so I'm not sure if that will work or not.. It could be something like ball joints or maybe the shocks can actually bottom out cause they are old..I don't know.. I know the car never bottoms out on the road so that's not it lol..
Old 05-16-2013, 04:15 PM

Default Found clunk near gas pedal problem

Anyone that reads this... If you have a clunk sound / vibration near your gas pedal in a 93-95 z28 lt1 possibly 97-2002 but can't say cause mine is a 95 z28.. but if you have that clunk then it's your transmission mount.. It's not sway bar bushings or link or any suspension stuff like some may say.. It's simply the transmission mount that needs replaced..

Quick Reply: 1995 LT1 odd noise/feel near gas pedal??