General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Knock sensor issue.

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 12:25 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Knock sensor issue.

A few weeks ago my 99 Auto trans am started throwing p0327 knock sensor low input code. So I assumed my car had a bad knock sensor which is understandable. So I decided to go ahead and upgrade to and LS6 intake while I was replacing the knock sensor. I then replaced BOTH knock sensors with new acdelcos and cleaned the area. I replaced the knock sensor harness as well. I also knocked all the ridges off the bottom of the LS6 intake with a chisel and grinded it smooth. I also did the EGR delete with block off plates while doing all this. I replaced the Map sensor and oil pressure switch while i had it apart as well. I put it all back together and drove the car and it is still throwing the the same code P0327 low input bank 2 knock sensor. So at this point I am thinking its actually knocking or maybe a pcm issue. The car does not make any knocking sound what so ever and runs strong. Any suggestions at this point as to what could be causing the issue or any ways to diagnose farther would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

The mods on the car are next to none. No cats with sims and flowmaster 80 series and custom cat back. SLP lid with smooth bellow, diablo sport predator tune. 101XXX miles.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:13 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you make sure you didn't pinch the new harness when installing the intake? Also what did you torque the knock sensor to?
Old 09-02-2013, 10:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you clear the code after fixing?

Quick Reply: Knock sensor issue.