General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

weird vibration and noise at 75-80mph

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 10:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weird vibration and noise at 75-80mph

when I'm going around 80 on the freeway and let go of the gas and let the car slow down on its own, there is a weird vibration and noise that seems to be coming from the front of the car or under the car, kind of hard to determine where its coming from. but as soon as it decelerates to about 75 mph it goes away. i did throw in an aluminum driveshaft a couple months ago from another ls1 car. maybe it isn't balanced properly? any input would be appreciated thanks.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 907 Likes on 647 Posts

Did it do it before you swapped driveshafts? "Normally" a vibration at a certain speed is a tire or balance issue. Rotate your tires(if they can be) and see if it goes away or if it changes where you feel the vibration at(front or rear of the car)

Take the driveshaft loose from the rear end and swap it 180 degrees and see if you get the same thing.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
Did it do it before you swapped driveshafts? "Normally" a vibration at a certain speed is a tire or balance issue. Rotate your tires(if they can be) and see if it goes away or if it changes where you feel the vibration at(front or rear of the car)

Take the driveshaft loose from the rear end and swap it 180 degrees and see if you get the same thing.
Thanks for the reply! it did do it before the driveshaft now that i think about it. I do have some cheap kumhos up front maybe thats the issue? i'll throw on my back up rims tomorrow to see if the noise is still present.

Quick Reply: weird vibration and noise at 75-80mph