General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Have a p0332 code... need some thoughts here...

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 04:57 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Have a p0332 code... need some thoughts here...

OK, here's the situation. Last month I pulled my '00 WS6 Trans Am out of storage, got her running and all cleaned up. Just before I put the car into storage a couple of years ago, I had completed the 100k maintenance, and also had put some Lucas Upper Cylinder Lubricant in the fuel. Upon pulling the car out of storage, I checked the fuel (seemed OK for sitting for so long) and added in a can of Seafoam to clear out any gunk that might have accumulated.

The car fired right up, and for about the first week everything was OK. Then the Check Engine Light came on. The car was not misbehaving in anyway, no driveability issues, and no loss of power. So figured I would go ahead and order an El Cheapo Autel hand scanner (Nearest Autozone is about 35 miles away... a trip down to have them do a "free" scan would have about paid for the scanner, sooo... ). It arrived today, and when i did a scan this evening it turned up the p0332 code, aka the knock sensor.

Now what has me wondering is that I fueled up a couple of days ago, and for a little while the light went off. This has me thinking it might be a fuel issue. So before I start worrying about removing the intake manifold and replacing the sensors, I have a few questions:

1. Is it possible for Seafoam or Lucas UCL to cause this knock sensor to malfunction?

2. Could switching brands of gasoline be a possible solution?

3. What would happen if I just let it go for the time being? Like said the car isn't having any driveability or loss of power issues.

Appreciate your thoughts!
Old 11-07-2013, 09:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Try clearing the code and see if it comes back.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 901 Likes on 642 Posts

If there is too much fuel cleaner and/or not enough gas yes it cause a knock. Coupled with that possibility and the old fuel I would run a few tanks through it and see if it comes back.

Quick Reply: Have a p0332 code... need some thoughts here...