General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Windshield washer pump not working - '02 Sierra

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 08:39 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Windshield washer pump not working - '02 Sierra

Just picked up a 2002 Sierra, and the washer pump is not working. I push the stalk and the wipers move, but the pump isn't activating. I checked power at the plug and got nothing. I pulled the fuse for the pump and that was ok. I put my multi-tester on the fuse leads and had my wife hit the switch, and I wasn't getting any voltage reading on the tester. I'm not anywhere close to being well-versed in electrical systems, so I'm not sure if it should have read anything, but I'm assuming it should have. I did the same test with the horn fuse slot and I got voltage there so I figured it'd be the same for the washer circuit.

Should I lean towards the switch being bad even though it activates the wipers? Is there any other testing I should do? The only thing I need to do that I didn't tonight was send power directly to the pump to see if the pump works. It was too damn cold and windy to mess around with running wires around. But mainly I'm worried that I wasn't getting any sign of power at the fuse block or power plug.

Last edited by LS1again; 11-14-2013 at 08:32 AM.

Quick Reply: Windshield washer pump not working - '02 Sierra