General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Replaced A/C control unit now.."NO HEAT"

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 07:58 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Replaced A/C control unit now.."NO HEAT"

I just replaced my a/c control unit on my 2002 SS. I had heat at first but my ***** were worn out due to my dumb *** turning it on and off real fast over the years . Well , my air and heat would come on before I change the ac control unit.

Now ,I have plenty of cold air blowing out, but no heat . What did I miss ? It was a tight fit cause the unit didn't come all the way out at all.

Thanks for any tips in advance .
Old 03-02-2014, 09:50 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 343 Likes on 314 Posts

The temperature selector is controlled by a cable that does to a diverter in the duct system. If you take the lower IP panel off the passenger side dash and then turn the temp **** one side to another, you should hear a thump of that diverter hitting the sides of the duct. If you don't, then that cable may not be connected properly.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:52 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks for the tip, wwsix99! I will check it out this weekend. Thanks again.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:00 PM
TECH Regular

Mac, if you dig back in there this weekend, can you do me a favor and take a look at the back of the HVAC controls for the defog switch? Should be a black, brown, pink and gray wires. What position from top to bottom are the colors in? Trying to wire up the defrost button to a non LS1 car.

Appreciated.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:49 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by OldSchoolFormula
Mac, if you dig back in there this weekend, can you do me a favor and take a look at the back of the HVAC controls for the defog switch? Should be a black, brown, pink and gray wires. What position from top to bottom are the colors in? Trying to wire up the defrost button to a non LS1 car.

Appreciated.
No problem
Old 03-09-2014, 07:59 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by OldSchoolFormula

Appreciated.
Hey OldSchool, I didn't get a chance to get to my car this weekend cause of a last minute "mandatory" work weekend was slammed on everybody. I just wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten you and I will be getting done this weekend coming for sure. Vacation starts Thursday for me.
Old 03-15-2014, 12:43 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Mac 2002 SS
Hey OldSchool, I didn't get a chance to get to my car this weekend cause of a last minute "mandatory" work weekend was slammed on everybody. I just wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten you and I will be getting done this weekend coming for sure. Vacation starts Thursday for me.
Awesome! It'll be kind of neat to get this to work with an old blower style defog.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:53 PM
TECH Regular

Mac, you ever get a chance to pull the unit?

Quick Reply: Replaced A/C control unit now.."NO HEAT"