General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

anyone use the seafoam fogger?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default anyone use the seafoam fogger?

i got the fogger as its supposed to be easier to use, anyone used it before? im a little nervous to seafoam the car idk just seems like it would screw something up. its a 92k miles firehawk with bolt ons.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just seafoamed my throttle body/intake manifold with the deep creep one and put some regular seafoam in the gas tank. Noticed better throttle response and fuel economy improvements of about 2 mpg seem to be common after running it through the fuel system so hopefully thats what I get. No problems for me. Im going to try cleaning out the top end by spraying it in the pcv inlet. Im not familiar with the fogger one... But either way I say go for it.
Old 03-02-2014, 05:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I used seafoam for years on all my cars. Might be better stuff out there but its been fine for me.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:06 AM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by usnfenix
i got the fogger as its supposed to be easier to use, anyone used it before? im a little nervous to seafoam the car idk just seems like it would screw something up. its a 92k miles firehawk with bolt ons.
Can you post a picture of this Fogger SeaFoam........

I've never heard of it. If its actually a Fogger type of spray.....it will be BOTH - much safer to use on the top end than liquid SeaFoam.....and it will actually clean all 8 runners in the intake and the head chambers and the pistons. The liquid SeaFoam absolutely only cleans the back two cylinders.....it's impossible for the liquid SeaFoam that goes into the brake booster hose to travel forward of the back two cylinders against the blast of air traveling rearward in the intake.........don't use the liquid.

If you use it for top end cleaning......ONLY introduce it into the forward vacuum port on the passenger side of the intake.....this will assure the chemical actually travels backwards through the intake getting sucked up by all 8 runners.

You can also use a can of Deep Creep SeaFoam to clean the top end by introducing the spray into that same forward vacuum port.

- engine idling only while introducing it into the intake. Never rev it. Let it sit for a few hours, then start it and let it idle for 15 minutes. Then a very easy casual drive till gradual accelerations are totally smooth, free of any hesitation or missing while accelerating.

The BEST top end cleaners are FOAM type sprays........

I have been putting a full can of the liquid SeaFoam into 1/8 tank of gas every 3-4 months since I've owned my car.....it's great stuff to keep the entire fuel system clean.

Old 03-03-2014, 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LS6427
Can you post a picture of this Fogger SeaFoam........

I've never heard of it. If its actually a Fogger type of spray.....it will be BOTH - much safer to use on the top end than liquid SeaFoam.....and it will actually clean all 8 runners in the intake and the head chambers and the pistons. The liquid SeaFoam absolutely only cleans the back two cylinders.....it's impossible for the liquid SeaFoam that goes into the brake booster hose to travel forward of the back two cylinders against the blast of air traveling rearward in the intake.........don't use the liquid.

If you use it for top end cleaning......ONLY introduce it into the forward vacuum port on the passenger side of the intake.....this will assure the chemical actually travels backwards through the intake getting sucked up by all 8 runners.

You can also use a can of Deep Creep SeaFoam to clean the top end by introducing the spray into that same forward vacuum port.

- engine idling only while introducing it into the intake. Never rev it. Let it sit for a few hours, then start it and let it idle for 15 minutes. Then a very easy casual drive till gradual accelerations are totally smooth, free of any hesitation or missing while accelerating.

The BEST top end cleaners are FOAM type sprays........

I have been putting a full can of the liquid SeaFoam into 1/8 tank of gas every 3-4 months since I've owned my car.....it's great stuff to keep the entire fuel system clean.

the fogger is an asersol can setup with a long red straw that hooks up to the can, you are supposed to take off the maf, take off the factory bellows and place the straw into the throttle body but right before the blade, then you reattach the stock bellows and MAF with the straw still snaked into it and turn on the motor and spray.

http://seafoamsales.com/sea-foam-spray/

you mentioned however that the liquid seafoam only gets the back two cylinders because of the brake booster, while i understand what you are talking about, that placement is terrible, faoming out those two cylinders and bogging them down with foam can damage the motor. other people that use the liquid just introduce it 1 part into the oil, 1 part into the gas tank and 1 part in through the PCV system. that way it gets to all 8 cylinders. PCV is much safer and better. but reagardless i bought the fogger so ill try it and see how it does. ive heard however that CCC, combustion cylinder cleaner from mopar works alot better as it actually expands and fills all the cylinders and all the spaces in the top end.

Quick Reply: anyone use the seafoam fogger?