General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Help with exhaust chirp/squeak noise! I've searched for hours!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 09:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation Help with exhaust chirp/squeak noise! I've searched for hours!

Ok guys, help me out on this if you can. I have search for HOURS on this issue and can't find anything. I still can't track down this chirp/squeak my car makes. It only does it at idle. Car is a 99 camaro ss and has a fresh forged 347 with MS3 cam. As soon as you touch the gas it goes away. It's coming OUT of the exhaust. The engine itself is super quiet and you can just hear the typical valvetrain noise. I have removed my catback, loosened headers and tightened them back up, and has new y-pipe with clamps. I tried it open y-pipe and I didn't hear it but that might be because it was so loud. Then I put the slp resonator on the end of the y-pipe and it make the chirp/squeak clear as day. Could it be the resonator? My headers have metal gaskets too, can that cause this? Any help is appreciated! This noise is driving me insane!
Old 05-03-2014, 06:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a y pipe with an slp loudmouth and the welds to the resonator and the casing of the muffler broke and it was just moving freely in there making a noise every time I drove it. Have you tried going under the car with a mallet to try to pin point where the noise is coming from?

Quick Reply: Help with exhaust chirp/squeak noise! I've searched for hours!