General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

trans am seat swap question

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 06:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default trans am seat swap question

i bought some new trans am seats to swap in to my ws6 since my old ones were ripped. the seats that i took out just have the driver side power, passenger side manual.

the new ones i have are both powered with the lumbar support.

i was unable to swap in the driver side seat because the harnesses dont match from the car to the seat and cannot connect to one another. is there a harness available to make the seat work on power? or is there any way i can hook the power seat up by rigging up wires?

the passenger side seat oddly enough has a manual option as well as power so that installed fine but the power is unavailable. also maybe for a future idea is there anyway i can make the passenger side seat power work even if it had not been power before?
Old 10-06-2014, 07:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Default WS6 seat harness

Originally Posted by madness410
i bought some new trans am seats to swap in to my ws6 since my old ones were ripped. the seats that i took out just have the driver side power, passenger side manual.

the new ones i have are both powered with the lumbar support.

i was unable to swap in the driver side seat because the harnesses dont match from the car to the seat and cannot connect to one another. is there a harness available to make the seat work on power? or is there any way i can hook the power seat up by rigging up wires?

the passenger side seat oddly enough has a manual option as well as power so that installed fine but the power is unavailable. also maybe for a future idea is there anyway i can make the passenger side seat power work even if it had not been power before?

you need the inter seat harness that connects the passenger and driver's seats together.the lumbar pump is under the passenger seat that's why this harness has the air lines for the driver's seat. here's a picture of the one I have. <removed>
Attached Thumbnails trans am seat swap question-dscn2923.jpg  

Last edited by wssix99; 10-07-2014 at 11:28 AM. Reason: classifieds violation

Quick Reply: trans am seat swap question