new maf? new idle dude...

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 10:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new maf? new idle dude...

Whats up guys.

I've got a A4 '00 SS. SLP lid, SLP LM1 catback

Long story short, ive had hesitation problems at partial throttle since owning the camaro back in December. We ended up narrowing it down to the MAF. Cleaned that sob atleast 3 separate times and the change was always short lived. My mechanic hopped in with his scanner and said I need a new maf sensor.

I bought a brand new MAF from 1A auto for the LS1. Has a lifetime warranty i believe. After setting everything up last night, then hopping in to go to McDonald's as a test drive. In the drive through it started idling around 300-400rpm for 3 seconds and came back to 550. I've driven it maybe 4 times since replacing the maf last night and at red lights it will do it.

No hesitation or not wanting to go over a certain rpm, just random low idle when stopped.
Is the computer trying to re-learn? I have yet to reset ecm.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 93 Likes on 56 Posts

just disconnect the MAF and go speed density
Old 10-09-2014, 06:57 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

After changing the sensor, you'll need to go on a drive that's long enough and fast enough for the PCM to "relearn it's settings. If your trips have been short local errands, that won't cut it and you'll get stuff like tho happening.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wssix99
After changing the sensor, you'll need to go on a drive that's long enough and fast enough for the PCM to "relearn it's settings. If your trips have been short local errands, that won't cut it and you'll get stuff like tho happening.
ok cool. hopefully that is the case

thanks

Quick Reply: new maf? new idle dude...