General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

99 V6 Mustang Overheated, Won't start

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 99 V6 Mustang Overheated, Won't start

I was on my way to work a few mornings ago, and I had my heater on because it was insanely cold. The car started up fine, everything was normal, and about 10-15min on the highway, my heater was still blowing old air, and i knew it was gonna overheat, she shut down unless I put more accelerator into it, but it was guaranteed to happen. she was steaming and I got a ride home. 11-12 hours later i went back and put a whole jug of AntiFreeze 50/50 into it, it didnt fill it. but she wouldnt start, so I also put in 2 Quartz of oil. she started, it was pretty rough but smoothed out eventually but would only stay on if i gave her gas, so she died. she wants to start, but wont. im still working out getting her towed home, so until them im trying to consider my options. i hadnt been up to date on my coolants, i know, irresponsible but i had gotten very busy with working 60 hour weeks non-stop and it slipped me. I redid my head and gasket literally a year ago this month. im hoping thats not the issue. please HELP!

Quick Reply: 99 V6 Mustang Overheated, Won't start