General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

NEED ADVISE repairing front end 94 Z28

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 03:48 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED ADVISE repairing front end 94 Z28

So in April 2015 I hydroplaned merging onto the highway, and spun out and caught the beggining of the guardrail sliding sideways with the nose at about 50-55mph. See video and pics below. What is the best way to go about repairing this and what will I need? I figured I would just go buy a blown up/rear ended v6 (beacause its cheaper than a Z) and swap everything over. I'm going into this blind however, I have never done any kind of body repair before. My understanding is that I will need to swap over the subframe if mine is bent, and the radiator core support which is definately bent, and what else? How does all this come apart? I though a lot of it was tack welded into place? And is getting a v6 car even feasible? Are the motor mounts the same? Is the K member and control arms and and other **** like that the same? What is the best way to tackle this and what do I need to know, what is interchangeable between the base and z? I know it may not be worth it to most and it would make more sense to just swap the drivetrain into another car, but we are pretty set on fixing this one for a couple reasons. One, this car is dear to us and holds a lot of memories. Two, I would like to do all this to learn how to do this **** and add to my car knowledge, and use it as a starting platform once it's done to practice/learn painting. For those reasons I intend to repair it. Advise please? Anyone done this before?

Old 01-12-2016, 04:30 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive got the fender, headlight bar, and impact bumper if youre interested. Looks fixable, just straightening the core and fender supports is gonna be tough.

Quick Reply: NEED ADVISE repairing front end 94 Z28