General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Looking for this CLIP on battery loom

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2017, 02:20 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Looking for this CLIP on battery loom

Mine broke and although I can use a tie strap, I'd like to find the GM replacement for the clip that holds the Positive & Negative wires/loom to the frame. I've attached a picture and circled the clip.

As best as I can tell, it's only used on the LS1 Formula, TA, and z28's. Not on the V6 nor LT1 cars.

I've search many online clips and fastener sites, but no luck. Anyone have a clue?
Old 11-02-2017, 06:41 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 354 Likes on 323 Posts

First step is to go to Delphi and find out what they call the thing:

https://www.delphi.com/manufacturers...s-routing-aids

It's a Conduit Clip.

Then you go to their search page: http://ecat.delphi.com/feature?search and do some searching. After tooling through their results, you'd find that their description for this is a "Conduit Clip Nail"

If you search for "Conduit Clip Nail", you'll get fewer pages of results. As I checked out this term, I found that there are remarkably few results for this - so, it's your lucky day! (Sometimes, I have to go through hundreds of schematics to find pins and parts.)

Check out part 15326102 on the 4th page of results. It should be close to your animal. On the "Documents" tab, you can open the 2D TIFF file and compare measurements to confirm.

Then your adventure will be buying the thing. You should be able to do it, but it will probably be one of those situations where you'll have to pay $15 shipping on a $0.19 part. Or maybe a dealer can get you one. (I doubt they will be able to look up the part number, though!)
Old 11-02-2017, 06:53 AM
On The Tree

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

^ What a champ! Great help right there.
Old 11-02-2017, 01:34 PM
TECH Regular

Wow! I never thought to check Delphi's site. I'll note that in the future.

Thanks for the info!
Old 11-03-2017, 01:29 PM
Save the manuals!

Originally Posted by michaelhawk
Wow! I never thought to check Delphi's site. I'll note that in the future.

Thanks for the info!
Please don't leave us hangning. (BTW - Delphi and GM use the same part numbers.) Please post back when you measure the part up to the drawings and confirm the part number.
Old 11-05-2017, 06:50 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by wssix99
Please don't leave us hangning. (BTW - Delphi and GM use the same part numbers.) Please post back when you measure the part up to the drawings and confirm the part number.
I'll measure it this weekend, I have the old part to compare with.

but like you mentioned, getting a new one is the next challenge. doesnt look like they are in production anymore.
Old 11-05-2017, 11:46 AM
Save the manuals!

doesnt look like they are in production anymore.
They definitely are. They may not be stocked at a GM Dealer - but they may. (Definitely worth checking. If they say no, ask them to do a "nationwide search". The parts guys have to move to another terminal to do that.)

If not at a dealer, the question becomes, "Does someone sell them one-off so you don't have to buy the 1000+ piece minimum order from Delphi?" I searched for the part above and did find some places that had single pieces.
Old 11-05-2017, 03:24 PM
TECH Regular

In comparing to my original, I noticed it is hinged on the opposite side. Here is a picture of my stock part (note the stem that goes into the hole is broken off).
Old 11-05-2017, 03:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I got split loom clips from here. They are fairly cheap. Got a box of 15 IIRC for around $12. If you can find a single one at dealership, great

http://www.clipsandfasteners.com/Cli..._Loom_s/78.htm
Old 11-05-2017, 06:56 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ******
I got split loom clips from here. They are fairly cheap. Got a box of 15 IIRC for around $12. If you can find a single one at dealership, great

http://www.clipsandfasteners.com/Cli..._Loom_s/78.htm
I dont care if I have to buy 15, i'm just looking to find a place that sells the right clip.
Old 11-05-2017, 09:30 PM
Save the manuals!

In comparing to my original, I noticed it is hinged on the opposite side.
They probably just changed the part and superseded it. How do all the other dimensions match up. (They should be in mm.)
Old 11-06-2017, 10:54 AM
TECH Veteran

LS1Tech 10 Year

I dont care if I have to buy 15, i'm just looking to find a place that sells the right clip.
well the 19851 clip looks like it would work. IDK what the OD size of your flex conduit is but the have several sizes to chose from

http://www.clipsandfasteners.com/v/v...catalog432.pdf
Old 11-06-2017, 12:29 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ******
well the 19851 clip looks like it would work. IDK what the OD size of your flex conduit is but the have several sizes to chose from

http://www.clipsandfasteners.com/v/v...catalog432.pdf
Thanks, but what im trying to say none of them on clips/fasteners are right.

With the part I'm talking about, the plug goes into the hole on the firwall, then extra plastic hangs lower, before the clip to the battery harness.

All the examples on that PDF do not have the extra space from the mounting hole to the harness.
Although mine is broke, you can see what I'm explaining, and even better in the picture I found posted originally.
Old 11-07-2017, 11:02 AM
TECH Veteran

LS1Tech 10 Year

Thanks, but what im trying to say none of them on clips/fasteners are right.

With the part I'm talking about, the plug goes into the hole on the firwall, then extra plastic hangs lower, before the clip to the battery harness.

All the examples on that PDF do not have the extra space from the mounting hole to the harness.
Although mine is broke, you can see what I'm explaining, and even better in the picture I found posted originally.
I see the clip on the site I sent is not "exactly" like your OEM one with the offset arm on it....it was just a source for one that may work

If you want that exact clip try a dealership part counter. Ideally they can identify the part # and do a search.

I needed the Vette clips for the throttle and cruise control cables , although a few from that site I mentioned would have worked, I wanted the "exact" clip. Dealership did a search and gave me the dealership name IIRC in Ohio. Contacted them and they had a bag of 8 which I had to buy as they would not sell just one. You may find your exact clip that that is a NOS item.

Good luck
Old 11-07-2017, 01:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 98 Likes on 86 Posts

Pick n pull junk yard will probably be your best bet.
Old 11-07-2017, 09:02 PM
TECH Regular

The dealership doesnt know anything because it's not listed on their computer.

My junkyard doesnt have any LS1 f-bodies. This clip is not on the V6 models.

wssix99 has the righty answer with his part #. although it's hinged differently, the dimensions are the same.

The only problem is that GM/Delphi do not produce that part anymore. My dealership's PC doesnt bring up the documented clip # either.
Old 11-07-2017, 09:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Suposed to be a ls1 f body or two at my local yard. Next time im there ill look for you. Just curious, why do you want to go back with the exact clip and not just something that will work just fine?
Old 11-07-2017, 09:56 PM
Save the manuals!

I like to go new because these things get brittle. There's also got to be a reason for the offset here... (I haven't looked in my engine bay, but there must be a reason why the designers didn't use a less expensive clip.)

Last edited by wssix99; 11-08-2017 at 06:17 AM.
Old 11-08-2017, 11:51 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by biketopia
Suposed to be a ls1 f body or two at my local yard. Next time im there ill look for you. Just curious, why do you want to go back with the exact clip and not just something that will work just fine?
Thanks, that is generous - but no need to. My reply about the junkyard above was more in reference to me already knowing and checking my local locations.

Originally Posted by wssix99
I like to go new because these things get brittle. There's also got to be a reason for the offset here... (I haven't looked in my engine bay, but there must be a reason why the designers didn't use a less expensive clip.)
That is the question!

This is a small detail that most wont have a clue about. And although I don't NEED a new clip, I'd like to have the correct part there and an extra on hand :-)

With the clips/fasteners offering so many various clips, I would have thought they'd have something similar.
Old 11-08-2017, 01:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

All good, figured if I was there and found one in good condition I could pop it off no problem for ya.

Quick Reply: Looking for this CLIP on battery loom