General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Feedback on eBay power window regulators

Old 11-14-2017, 09:30 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feedback on eBay power window regulators

Hello all, Can anyone give feedback on these. Are they better then the usual Dorman, ACDelco replacement motors? I did search the forum and the sticky but did not find any posts regarding these. I see several vendors have sold a lot of them.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-Windo...BZ00RP&vxp=mtr

Thanks
Old 11-15-2017, 07:24 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

This is the only place where I've seen this new part come up before:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...tor-motor.html

This is a new thing out on the market and you'd be pioneering if you go with it.

One of the problems with this is that replacement motors don't seem to be available... So, if the part fails, you need to remove the entire regulator - every time, which does big damage to the door.
Old 11-15-2017, 08:36 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, I did not see that thread when I searched. You make a great point which I did not consider. I'll just go with the usual motor replacements. My motors are working, one slows as it goes up. I'll be fixing my door panel cracks this winter so figured it be good time to also replace the window motors.

Thanks!
Old 11-15-2017, 11:54 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnJPnj
Sorry, I did not see that thread when I searched. You make a great point which I did not consider. I'll just go with the usual motor replacements. My motors are working, one slows as it goes up. I'll be fixing my door panel cracks this winter so figured it be good time to also replace the window motors.

Thanks!
Yea, just use the shbox method to replace those and you'll save a ton of time in the future and be much kinder to your door panels.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Honestly for something as fragile / critical / and Finicky as our window motors are, I would NOT trust an eBay part.

btw only replace the regulator if its an absolute must. I had to replace mine because my halfmoon gear was bent and it was a PITA -- and as was stated previously you risk jeoporidzing your door..otherwise just tear out the motor itself using the shoebox method and replace it.
Old 12-14-2017, 05:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I have an ebay motor in my driver side door and have not had any problems with it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Feedback on eBay power window regulators