General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Driver power window opens Express down, stops , resets stops , rests on up.

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2018, 09:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver power window opens Express down, stops , resets stops , rests on up.

My 2001 Camaro SS Convertable driver power window goes down in express mode no problem. When I try to power it back up it stops, then after a few seconds it seems to reset and move a little, stops again and after another few seconds , it moves again. After several attempts I manage to get it fully closed up. I have changed the motor a few times since new, and I had a radio problem that lead me to removing the BCM to do the five solder terminals as found in other posts. The solder worked great to fix the radio problem and afterwards the window worked slow but otherwise went up and down fine. I am now suspecting at this time that maybe the 30 amp circuit breaker in fuse box is weak? But as yet have not swap out with a new one to test it. I also have a rare new GM oem express module to install, but seems it powers down ok so far with out stopping. Any and all suggestions are welcome as how I might troubleshoot this further.
Thanks, Kevin.
Old 01-26-2018, 10:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That is usually from the overload protection in the motor. It is a bi-metallic strip that bends when it heats from high current and over time the get weak and bend with less current until the do it during normal use. If lubing the track up with silicone or ultra slick slick stuff sprays it still does it. Then it is likely time for a new window motor.

Can also try pulling up on it to reduce the load and stop it from tripping the overload.
Old 01-26-2018, 11:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 176 Likes on 107 Posts

I had this problem on mine too. It's the motor.

Quick Reply: Driver power window opens Express down, stops , resets stops , rests on up.