General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Questions with BMR kmember

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2019, 05:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1,787 Likes on 1,294 Posts
Default Questions with BMR kmember

When I installed the new engine onto the BMR k member I had to do some clearance work for the aftermarket oil pan. While I was back under the car I noticed that the oil pan was touching and beginning to rub into it and luckily I caught this in time.

The engine mounts are stock but I did the Energy Suspension poly mount modification to them and just reused the stock OEM through bolts to connect the engine to the new k member. Well one thing i noticed when installing the through bolts and torquing them to spec's that it actually pulled the ends of the mounts on the k member into the clam shell that is mounted to the engine.

These through bolts have started to bend over time and I sent some pictures of what it looks like awhile back to BMR and was told that the the bolts bending aren't something to be too concerned about. Well I'm here to say that this is an issue and I suppose I'll need to find some stronger through bolts as I'm thinking that either the iron block is too much weight for these bolts or that I should have placed washers in between the clam shell and the k member so as not to pull the mounting ends into the clam shell if that makes any sense.
Old 04-30-2021, 03:24 PM
Launching!

Received 126 Likes on 83 Posts

I have the BMR kmember and poly mounts to go with my iron LSX block. Did you end up putting washers in between the mounts? Did you go get grade 8 or equivalent bolts to replace stock motor mount bolts?

Quick Reply: Questions with BMR kmember