General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

AMSoil VS. Mobil 1

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 10:21 PM
grb
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Patman, isn't RP racing 20 roughly the same as regular 5-30?

BTW - I'm not crazy about the way Amsoil and Red Line are marketed. I wonder if RP is sold the same way?
Old 10-11-2004, 04:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by grb
Patman, isn't RP racing 20 roughly the same as regular 5-30?

BTW - I'm not crazy about the way Amsoil and Red Line are marketed. I wonder if RP is sold the same way?

RP racing 21 is indeed similar in viscosity to a 5w30. It's not marketed like Amsoil though. For that matter, Redline isn't marketed like Amsoil either. Even though a lot of people hate the way Amsoil is sold, it does work very very well.
Old 10-12-2004, 11:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MM98
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Amsoil the first to develope synthetic oil??? One of my co-workers sells the stuff & he was telling me that he can go 7k between oil changes... I'm not sure if I like that idea, unless it's proven.
I've done longer, 26k on the Amsoil 5w-30 with a few filter changes in the process. I sent out for an oil analysis and TBN at the change and got a report saying the oil life is pretty much about to be used up but everything looks good so far.

It was fine when I was using it, I had it for like 2 yrs then I stopped using it and went with Redline 5W-30 for a few reasons, one was being that it takes a while to get it from Amsoil, they messed up 2 of my first orders, they sent me Diesel oil and the wrong filters. I called one of the rep up and then was followed up that the manager at the warehouse got fired for messing orders up due to a few complaints and history of doing so, they were suspicious of him planning some scheme.

My bro has been working for almost 2 yrs at a auto parts store locally and he can get Redline 5W-30 in a day and I get it at cost price

Quick Reply: AMSoil VS. Mobil 1