General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Extreme Fuel Pressure in tank

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 11:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extreme Fuel Pressure in tank

Well, I'm engaged in a process of trying to solve a random misfiring issue with my engine (a randomly occuring bad searching while I am driving, even without load). Anyways, we are thinking it is a possible fuel issue because when I go to fill up the tank, it seems like there is a lot of pressure in there when i open it. Any ideas if this is my problem and what could be the solution to this pressure?
Old 06-18-2005, 12:08 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gas cap may not be venting properly....small possibility. my car does this every once in a while, when i fill up, it vents once i open the cap....never really thought much about tho.
Old 06-18-2005, 08:52 AM
TECH Resident

thats normal for the cap to open and the thing to make a venting sound. it happens most after long trips and low fuel levels. the gas cap is also not vented on these cars. the fuel system is not gravity fed like old cars with the mechanical pump on the engine. since the pump is in the tank there is no reason to vent the tank. at least not with the gas cap anyway.
Old 06-19-2005, 01:02 PM
12 Second Club

i got owned, lol!
Old 06-19-2005, 01:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it actually happens to my car alot and excessive...it started when I installed a walbro 255 lph.. from granatelli motorsports... the evap system is n ow inop and it doesn't vent as needed so the motor doesn't evacuate any excess fumes, but it harmless to the car cause its still vented to the ozone lol..........