General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

window radio problem very weird

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank You so much, That picture helps me a bunch with location of the RAP, i tapped the window up good with some garbage bags, im sure it will hold off until tomorrow. Ill fill you guys in tomorrow night and let you know if this fixed my issue.

Mike

Last edited by Miketike2; 06-20-2010 at 07:52 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:31 PM

Thumbs up

OMG Camaroz your a life saver, i was feeling around blind, i felt an empty pocket, so i was like "WTF" so i felt around some more and felt 2 plastic boxes "One sitting ontop of the other", all i did was move/tap them and i put the key in, and did the windows, everything seems to be working now, and its good for a temp fix when you need it, but ill be ripping the RAP Module out tomorrow and re flowing the solder connections.

Mike
Old 06-20-2010, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Miketike2
OMG Camaroz your a life saver, i was feeling around blind, i felt an empty pocket, so i was like "WTF" so i felt around some more and felt 2 plastic boxes "One sitting ontop of the other", all i did was move/tap them and i put the key in, and did the windows, everything seems to be working now, and its good for a temp fix when you need it, but ill be ripping the RAP Module out tomorrow and re flowing the solder connections.

Mike
No Problem Mike Glad it worked out for you Gotta love electronics... Just need some love sometimes
Old 06-21-2010, 01:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

mine is starting to get bad.

usually if i smack the kick panel on the passenger side it works. only for a few mins though.

im going to pull it apart tomorrow. im fed up with the stereo cutting out.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:50 AM

Talking

Hey Guys, i wanted to fill you in, I removed the RAP Module & the Express Down Module, i took them apart and examined but everything seemed fine, no loose connections, no burned circuits. I re connected both Modules and Put them in the right locations, everything seems to be working well, went on a nice road trip yesterday, hitting alot of bumps and the radio continued to work =)

Another question - While i was working under the dash, i found that annoying Brown box that makes the Ding Ding Ding noise when the Drivers side door is open. my question is can i remove this so the annoying Ding can stop, or will removing it disable other parts of the car/electrical system?
Old 05-24-2012, 04:53 PM
Teching In

Default weird radio window problem

My 2000 Camaro SS has been doing this intermittently for several months, including on the way into work today. The radio was on for the first minute after I cranked up, then as I was pulling out of the drive it shut completely off, and as usual, the power windows will not work now either. Usually everything starts working again after a while, but today it did not come back on for the entire hour drive in to work.
Sounds like you have the exact same problem! Have you had anyone put it on a computer to see if the problem can be diagnosed?
Old 05-25-2012, 11:38 AM
Teching In

The radio and windows were still not working on the home yesterday, until about half way there and then all of a sudden the radio came on, the volume was so high it scared the crap out of me. When I got home I pulled the Body Control Module but did not see anything unusual. I unplugged the wiring harnesses from it and replugged a couple of times. The radio and windows have been working ever since. I left the BCM hanging by the wires and did not replace the trim pieces and glove box door yet. I want to drive it a while to see if the fix is going to last.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

read the thread below

https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-l...blems-fix.html
Old 02-11-2014, 12:43 AM

Default Thanks to the BCM thread

98 Firebird - My stereo and windows kept intermittently cutting out and back on. I removed the BCM from under the passenger side glove box, unplugged the connectors, and removed the protective box from the board. I plugged in the black connector to the loose board, turned on the stereo, and began to touch-wiggle small pieces of the board. When I touched the black relay box on the board, the stereo would cut out. I flipped the board and examined the solder joints of the two large pins and found one of them to have a hairline crack in the solder, added some solder with my iron, and problem solved. Thanks to the BCM write-up, really saved time, money, and especially headache.
Old 06-27-2014, 07:15 AM

Red face

Originally Posted by jason3956
nope dont have to restart anything. it just goes off and then comes back on. kinda like how everything will work with the key in the off position until u open the door. hmm wonder if it could be the door open switch.

any sugesstions?

jason
Good morning Jason,

I've a 2000 Z-28 Camaro and I'm having the same issues as you. My radio comes and goes whenever it feel like it. Bumpy or not roads. My power windows do not work either anymore. It's not the radio since I've another radio that belonged to my 97 Z-28. When I press the lock door switch the radio intemittent comes on.

Let me know if you have found the problem.

Thanks, Mj

Quick Reply: window radio problem very weird