General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Discount Tire Messed up my car!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 05:56 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Discount Tire Messed up my car!!!!

Well, I went to Discount Tire yesterday morning to get some 275's put on the rear of the formula with a set of 17x9 wheels I was given....
Turns out the wheels were actually 16x9 so I ended up not getting them. I know that sounds ridiculous, but the guy that gave them to me said they were 17's so I didn't think to measure.

ANYWAY, the guys at Discount Tire didn't realize they were only 16's either till they tried to mount the tires, so they had already jacked the vehicle up. I pulled it into the flat bay so the automatic lifts would not mess up my car or exhaust... probably would have been better off.

Somehow they managed to bend the lower front quarter panel mounts (usually where they spot/snap weld, it's bolted on ours), so now my drivers side 1/4 panel is sticking out about a 1/4" PAST the door, I can stick my pinkie in there! The passenger side it only pushed out about an 1/8" but it's noticable and the mount is really bent up. I called and talked to the manager and he said he'd take a look at it Monday morning if I can bring it by.

What do you think he will offer to do for me? Anything?
Has anyone else had an issue like this before?
What should I do if he says he won't do anything about it?

I was calm when I called him, and I'm trying to stay cool, but I'm really upset about this...

Thanks in advance
Old 08-20-2005, 06:26 PM
On The Tree

Get estimates from a repair shop you trust. Give the guy the estimates to repair your car. He should have company insurance for things like this.
Old 08-20-2005, 06:26 PM
Teching In

If you have a recent picture that would prove it's orignal condition, take that with you when you meet the manager. As far as what's gonna happen from here, who knows. When I went to Belle Tire I actually helped the guy with the car, jacking it up, taking the wheels off, spending 45 minutes trying to get the keyd lug nut off of the key. They didn't mind, and I tried to be very un-dickish about it like they had no idea what they were doing. In the future see if you can't do the same.
Old 08-20-2005, 06:52 PM
11 Second Club

samething happened to me but they used there flat lift. i got my tires for free and i bent the lip towards the center of the car and it put my fender back where it belonged.
Old 08-20-2005, 07:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I always put their jacks in the right spot for them. I know better. Most folks just don't realize where the jacks go. I also watch them like a hawk and supervise, making sure they do everything right and sometimes even help them.

Anyway, you can usually fix it yourself with some big channel locks. Unless they ripped the metal or something. I so those metal tabs bent all the time on customer cars. It shouldn't be too hard to fix it yourself.
Old 08-20-2005, 11:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NickSimcheck
If you have a recent picture that would prove it's orignal condition, take that with you when you meet the manager.
That would work if my car wasn't black.... It'd be impossible to tell unless I was taking a picture from a specific angle, which i would have had no reason to before hand

Thanks for the advice guys.

Quick Reply: Discount Tire Messed up my car!!!!