General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Water damaged car - what now?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005 | 01:05 PM
TECH Veteran

He bought the condo in June. It has flood insurance and homeowners,,, the car was parked in the garage so the homeowners shoudl cover it and not the car insurance company; right?

Bush and the feds are sitting on their butts ...they need immediate action here.... can we impeach this dope? I'll even take Bubba Clinton back - please!
Old 09-02-2005 | 01:14 PM
Launching!

What do you want them to do... pull the car out for you or start hauling buckets of water out of the city? chill out and wait or start doing it yourself, just make sure you take a couple guns with you.

either way- total the car, buy it back and part it out.
Old 09-02-2005 | 01:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

There is a big difference in getting one wet and then letting one sit in the most toxic nasty water you can find for months....take the $$ and walk away..
Old 09-02-2005 | 02:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by robertbartsch
He bought the condo in June. It has flood insurance and homeowners,,, the car was parked in the garage so the homeowners shoudl cover it and not the car insurance company; right?

Bush and the feds are sitting on their butts ...they need immediate action here.... can we impeach this dope? I'll even take Bubba Clinton back - please!

Most insurance companies have a clause on their homeowners policies stating autos, motorcycles, etc that are damaged inside an insured building that sustains a loss are EXCLUDED. A seperate claim with have to be made on the policy on that vehicle.

So your friend will likely have to pay a deductible on his homeowners and on his auto. If he has a motorcycle, atv, or boat all in the garage, and all damaged, he would have to make a separate claim on all of them.

Like I said before, not all companies are like this, but all the ones I've dealt with are.