General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

1974 Mercury Monterey won't start

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 09:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1974 Mercury Monterey won't start

ya a buddy of mine bought a 1974 mercury monterey about a week ago, big bodied car, long *** boat, anyways, we tuned it up, bought new filters, replaced the starter, replaced the cillanoid, new battery cablers and starter cables, new spark plugs, new gas pump, and new belts, the car started fine, then after we changed the cillanoid, which was the last thing we did, it wont start now, we replaced it with a new cillanoid and it started, but now for some reason it wont start, all it does is make a ''clcik noise'', battery is new starter is new, cillanoid is new, any of you guys have a clue of what it might be? it just clicks thats it, the engine dont turn over, by the way its a big *** engine, big V8 6.6L, so get back to me with suggestions plz, thx fellas,
only reason i posted this car on the GM forum is cuz i have a silverado and there arent any posts on the Ford forum lol,
P.S. its not the batterey, what else could it be? and it has fresh oil, any ideas? thx
Old 10-02-2005, 12:45 AM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It worked fine until after you replaced the solenoid? Occasionally even a new part has unfortunate problems, have you tried re-replacing it?