General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Rattling noise under car.. Please help..

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 12:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattling noise under car.. Please help..

Ok, I am going to try and describe whats going on without sounding incredibly vague..

I recently had a 6 speed swap done on my car. The swap did not come with the outer toque arm mount (Which is the peice that pinches it to the tranny..) so my friends and I fabbed my outer mount off of my auto to work. It lasted about 2-3 weeks, and the bolt vibrated out at wot. I ordered the right mount, a new bolt and put it all on to keep the torque arm back in place. but there is still a rattle underneath the car somewhere. When driving slower through rough roads (i.e. neighborhoods, and this real shitty road toward my work) when going over bumps the back end/middle of the car makes a rattle noise. If I am driving around, and put the car in a low gear and goose it, something under the car flexes and hits a stop somewhere. It's not hitting the floorboard or anything, like I said its hard to describe. Could it be a tranny mount? It is obnoxious and embarrassing to drive with this noise rattling. It can be heard with the windows up, ac on, and radio on.

Any ideas would be helpful.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Crawl under it and see if you can spot any markings from whatever is being hit. Do you have and aftermarket Torque arm?
Old 10-05-2005, 05:34 AM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it's not a tranny mount, perhaps U-joint
Old 10-05-2005, 04:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by N3V3RL8T
Crawl under it and see if you can spot any markings from whatever is being hit. Do you have and aftermarket Torque arm?
Nope, stock torque arm..