General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

So, Wal-Mart sucks more... (refused oil change)

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 12:38 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a few friends that know some people that have been killed working on there cars that were sitting on rhino ramps. I bought some from wal-mart and NEVER used them because every time i tried to drive up on them my car would just push them out of the way LOL.

Also i was at wal mart a few days ago and found $ 20 bucks. ((thought id just throw that in there))
Old 10-12-2005, 08:58 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by smash
I went to wal-mart to get my oil/filter changed. I had purchased the oil already, and had the filter in the front seat (they don't have Mobil-1 fileters). I wait for about an hour for them to get to my car, then they REFUSE to change the oil because I have an 'aftermarket drain plug'. Apparently it was against policy.

Now, keep in mind I've had it changed there before, so long as I provide the drain plug tool.

It's that hour of my life that pisses me off so much. I would just do it myself, but my car is really low and difficult to get on ramps, plus I was in the area and the only change about $8.

Here's a Wal-Mart horror story to add to this thread...

A co-worker of mine has been taking her car to Wal-Mart to get the oil/filter changed ever since she bought it last year.

A couple months back, her car started to bog down really, really bad and was losing serious power. It's still under warranty, so she decided to take it to the nearest Suzuki dealership to get it checked out (the nearest dealership is about an hour away).

The check out her car... turns out the car still has the STOCK OIL FILTER still installed! Wal-Mart never changed the filter when they did the oil changes, like they were PAID to do... and the car has roughly 20,000 miles on it!

On a side note... changing oil in and F-body is the easiest oil change I've ever done. If you have the resources to change it yourself, do it!
Old 10-12-2005, 02:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by minesfaster
I have a few friends that know some people that have been killed working on there cars that were sitting on rhino ramps. I bought some from wal-mart and NEVER used them because every time i tried to drive up on them my car would just push them out of the way LOL.

Also i was at wal mart a few days ago and found $ 20 bucks. ((thought id just throw that in there))

the ramps won't slide if you leave the rubber "feet" attached.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:16 PM
10 Second Club

my friend took his mecur to wal mart for an oil change, ended up getting a brand new turbo and a rebuilt top end for free.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:50 PM

Rhino ramps. We can get my friend's 98Z that is lowered 2" on them.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:52 AM
TECH Regular

So, I got another story related to Jiffy Lube. Before I had a place to do my own work, I took my car to Jiffy Lube. It was like $30, but I thought they did a decent job looking over the whole car and filling all the fluids. One time, I paid with my debit card. After that, I could not balance my check book and I couldn't figure out why. What happened was, Jiffy Lube credited my account instead of charging me. Me, being the honest guy I am, went back and showed them my bank statement and receipt from them to explain to them what happened. They told me that their system shows that I paid. So we had a little arguement until I gave up and let it go. Next time I go.... SAME THING Happens!!! So now, instead of paying $60 for oil changes, they paid me $60. WHAT A DEAL! So I went through the routine again with the bank statement and receipts and explained (to the manager this time) how they did this twice. The manager says, sir, my system shows that your account is paid. Again, another small arguement until I gave up. That was the last oil change I ever let someone else do. I figure, if they can't run a business, they shouldn't have my engine's life in their hands!! Luckily for me, that was all that happened to me. I've heard many many other REAL horror stories.

PEACE....
Old 10-13-2005, 08:36 AM
7 Second Club

I went to Wally world back in 98 to get the tires balanced and rotated on my 96 2500 HD 4x4.I thought everything was fine until 3 months later when I needed to put brakes on the front of the truck and couldn't get the driver side wheel off.

Come to find out the guy at Wally world tightened 5 lug nuts so tight that it stripped the splines off the studs and they would spin freely in the rotor when torqued on.

When I went back to the store to ask the manager about it he said"That was 3 months ago,I'm not paying for your fuckup"implying I did this handy work.I temporarily lost my marbles and chased him to his office where he locked the door and called 911.Cops showed up and told me I had to leave,but they did get a 1-800 number for me to call from the now not so hard *** manager.

I talked with someone at the corporate level and my truck was off to the local Chevy dealer to get the wheel hot wrenched off.

Wal Mart paid for a new wheel,rotor and a front brake job at Bobby Layman Chevrolet plus $250.00 to boot.

I was happy with the resolution but needless to say they haven't touched my stuff since but I do buy my oil there .
Old 10-13-2005, 09:49 AM
12 Second Club

I know of a guy who took his cars to sears and they neevr drained the old oil!! just added new ****...

Quick Reply: So, Wal-Mart sucks more... (refused oil change)