General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Squeaking, E-Brake Not Engaging on an 02 Z28, etc

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 08:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Squeaking, E-Brake Not Engaging on an 02 Z28, etc

I just bought an 02 z28, and after the drive back to Oklahoma City from Houston I have noticed a couple problems.

Squeaking noise coming from the right front, sounds like brakes but sometimes it squeakes when the brakes are not depressed.. Replacing the brake pads this weekend anyways, so I was wondering if there was anything I should be on the lookout for.

E-Brake will not engage on steep slopes, not sure why... Help?

I bought new switches for the drivers side door (window, locks, mirror) and a new panel, but I can't figure out how to make the panel stay down.

The exhaust sounds louder than stock (but it has the stock tips) but makes popping noises occasionally now.. Bummer, I should have paid a lot more attention when I bought the car, but I think I was so excited I just overlooked it.

I got an extended warranty (through Nissan because I bought it at a Nissan dealership) and I'm going to figure out what it covers tonight. I'll post more about it when I find out.

I also want to adjust my shifter (It's the Hurst shifter from the factory, and I was told it is adjustable) and would like any insight on how to do this.

Thanks for helping out a noob, and I look forward to learning a lot more about my beast
Old 10-12-2005, 09:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How is the ebrake not engauging? Is the handle comming all the way up and not enough tension is being put on it?

If so make sure you still have the pins inside the rear ebrake shoe. Its located inside the cylinder that the cables pull on (bottom of circular pad).

If the pins are both still in there, you can turn the adjuster and spread out the shoe a little more.