General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

driver side seatbelt assembly rattling? piece from sunvisor mount above headliner?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 02:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default driver side seatbelt assembly rattling? piece from sunvisor mount above headliner?

i have this metallic tapping noise that comes from the drive side seatbelt area in the roof... i noticed it after my sunvisors rivet worked itself out and the washer that is attached to the spring was lost, i think its somewhere in the roof rattling.. it happens all the time like the washer is in there and vibrations make it tap against something, but it taps more when i turn to the left if i turn the wheel the tapping becomes more obvious..very weird...

i thinkits above the headliner, any idea how to remove the headliner without ruining it? is there a good process for that? i would like to see if i can find the washe, or is the headliner glued and stuff...thanks
Old 10-17-2005, 05:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have this same problem...let me know if you figure it out.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:47 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by darkecho
i thinkits above the headliner, any idea how to remove the headliner without ruining it? is there a good process for that? i would like to see if i can find the washe, or is the headliner glued and stuff...thanks
Here's the headliner removal/replacement procedure: https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-maintenance-repairs/377588-head-liner.html