General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

getting headlight to permanently stick up

Old 10-30-2005, 11:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default getting headlight to permanently stick up

I just bought a 99 formula and now have no money and the drivers side motor is permanently up from the last owner. My question is how do I get the passenger side to permanently stay up so it matches the other side. I personally like the look enought to delay me spending more money on a simple cosmetic problem. The owners manual just talks about manually propping it up but I dont know how to keep it up because when i turn the headlights off it goes down as normal.
Old 10-30-2005, 11:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think if you pulled one or both of the wires from the motor going to the wiring harness, it would be stuck up. You'd still be able to operate it manually though.
Old 10-30-2005, 11:43 AM
Teching In

I think if you pulled one or both of the wires from the motor going to the wiring harness, it would be stuck up. You'd still be able to operate it manually though.
Don't pull the ******* wires. All you need to do is remove the fuse. It's under the hood on the drivers side (it's the fuse box with positive terminal on it).
Old 10-30-2005, 06:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by angry
Don't pull the ******* wires. All you need to do is remove the fuse. It's under the hood on the drivers side (it's the fuse box with positive terminal on it).
Old 10-30-2005, 08:39 PM
12 Second Club

Maybe you just need the free fix to get them both working??
Old 10-31-2005, 05:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by angry

Best first post EVAR!!!1!1ONE!!
Old 10-31-2005, 07:00 PM
TECH Regular

When you turn them on just unplug it while there in the up position. But what used to happen with my 1994 is when i would hit the alarm they would grind . '
Just try it and see what happens.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:00 PM
On The Tree

Angry's right ... pull the fuse not the wires or connector. that way you don't have to worry about the inside of the connector gettin all krudded up with crap and having to clean it out (or replace it) once you get the fundage to fix the light motor. I run that way for about 6 months untill I got off my a$$ and tried the "free fix". now it works like a champ and I just dropped the fuses back in and wah la !!!
Old 11-01-2005, 12:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by joe_kool315
Angry's right ... pull the fuse not the wires or connector. that way you don't have to worry about the inside of the connector gettin all krudded up with crap and having to clean it out (or replace it) once you get the fundage to fix the light motor. I run that way for about 6 months untill I got off my a$$ and tried the "free fix". now it works like a champ and I just dropped the fuses back in and wah la !!!
Turn on the head light first!! Then pull both blue 15 amp fuses in one of the two fuse boxes under the hood.

Then, read about the gear "flip" and try that on both motors, and then replace the fuses. The flip only takes a few minutes, the hardest thing is to remove the lever from the motor... and pay close attention to the angle of the lever when you reinstall. Most people I spoke with put the lever on backwards the first time they tried it!

Search this Thread