General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Constant Squeak from rear

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 12:58 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Constant Squeak from rear

Hello all.

I've recently developed a constant squeak coming from the drivers side rear, i assume it's a shock, it doesn't sound like a metal on metal squeak; it sounds more like a shock or possibly spring squeak, it's a longer less sharp sounding squeak.

but it is constantly now, it used to make this noise but only seldomly, and really only at low speeds on neighborhood type roads, now it's completely constant and bugging the hell out of me

i assume maybe i need new shocks, or maybe i just need to get under there and grease some bushings.

any ideas?
Old 12-03-2005, 01:38 AM
On The Tree

I had a squeak that was driving me crazy. It ended up being the LCA bushings and the swaybar endlinks. Damn car sounded like a squeaky bed
Old 12-03-2005, 01:51 AM
Banned

i know it's not the swaybar bushings those have been comprehensively taken care of, i assume it could be the LCA bushings, but for some reason it seems more of a shock squeak, just an inkling i have

when i push down on the drivers side rear quarter panel i hear the squeak loud and clear, i'll check out the LCA's tomorrow after Big 12 Champ., but with 90k miles i might be in need of shocks, i guess just an excuse to get some Bilstein HD's or Hal's. heh.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:37 PM
On The Tree

I did a little write up in the maintenance and repair section, about the success I got using white lithium grease on the bushing on all the rear suspension parts,
shocks, sway bars, etc...
here is the link
https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-maintenance-repairs/420039-those-squeaky-suspension-especially-cold-here-solution.html

hope that help in any way

try to just spray all the bushing you can see , let it soack, do it a second time if nessecary and it should penetrate the bushings,