General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

bad wreck - crash data?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 02:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For some reason the website doesn't want to load. Can some else get the price for a 2000 T/A 60,888 miles, traction control, 12-disc, cassette, hurst-shifter.

I'll try to borrow a camera from a friend before new years to take pictures af the car and show you guys.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

try this:
http://www2.nadaguides.com/autohome2...wPr=0&wPg=2111
Old 12-24-2005, 02:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The link works but once I click on used car prices the page begins to load, the background loads and then it just stops in a constant state of loading. I can't do nothing else besides wait or force quit, which gets me nowhere and may cause the computer to freeze. Its most likely a problem with my computer
Old 12-24-2005, 02:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Also, how many hours does it take to fix a bent frame when the bars that extent beyond the axle are bent, one so bent that the whole suspension is fu#$@# on the rear driver side. The other side is also bent about 45* inward.
Im taking the car to H Street Collision in San Bernardino
Old 12-24-2005, 01:44 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Cumbias
The link works but once I click on used car prices the page begins to load, the background loads and then it just stops in a constant state of loading. I can't do nothing else besides wait or force quit, which gets me nowhere and may cause the computer to freeze. Its most likely a problem with my computer
Looks like around $15-16k
Old 12-25-2005, 02:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks, now its only getting over 12,000 dollars in damage to get the car paid and save up for a new one in a couple of months.
Old 12-25-2005, 06:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks, now its only getting over 12,000 dollars in damage to get the car paid and save up for a new one in a couple of months.
interested in selling it complete as-is wrecked?

I'll pay you more than the buy back price...!

~Brian
Old 12-25-2005, 03:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think I could sell it for about 15 grand, Hehe. The interior is perfect, excest for the trunck area that got damaged and the plastic panenls were the speakers are held, Anything dealing with the engine works perfectly, whoole driveline works, front suspension, and rims are good. Im sure there other stuff thats good that I can't tell. Selling it would be the other option if the insurance doesn't pay the loan.
Old 12-25-2005, 03:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ill get some pics as soon as possible
Old 01-03-2006, 05:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Heres some pic of the carnage.[IMG]DSCN1209.JPG[/IMG] (test)
Old 01-03-2006, 05:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

dang!!! how the freak do you put pics from a camera to a post using a stupid G3 iMac(500mghrtz? , whatever its called)
Old 01-03-2006, 07:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think I figured out
here's some how it looks outside and under the car
Attached Thumbnails bad wreck - crash data?-sscn1223.jpg   bad wreck - crash data?-sscn1224.jpg   bad wreck - crash data?-sscn1225.jpg   bad wreck - crash data?-sscn1226.jpg   bad wreck - crash data?-sscn1227.jpg  

Old 01-03-2006, 07:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Here more from the inside. The hatch is jambed shut and changer is jambed inside and was bent about 5 degrees. It doues eject. I tried to get the CDs out, theres 2 in there that are irreplacesable(bougth 1 in mexico 5years ago, the other is pepsi promotional also in mexico 5 years ago). The last 2 pics show the whats left of the car, the beuty that is still left.
My Poor Baby
Attached Thumbnails bad wreck - crash data?-sscn1223.jpg   bad wreck - crash data?-sscn1224.jpg   bad wreck - crash data?-sscn1225.jpg   bad wreck - crash data?-sscn1226.jpg   bad wreck - crash data?-sscn1227.jpg  

Old 01-04-2006, 01:08 AM
Staging Lane

Whatever happens I just wanted to wish the best of luck! I'm anxious to hear what insurance does and how things work out with that asshat truck guy.
Old 01-04-2006, 01:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for your support man.
Old 01-07-2006, 05:06 AM
Launching!

thats a total loss, its done for dude.
Old 01-07-2006, 08:56 AM
TECH Resident

Wow good luck on everything hopefully the guy in the truck gets reamed.. Why is it so hard for people to man up these days..
Old 01-08-2006, 07:04 AM
Teching In

Hate to say it, but that car is toast. Looks exactly like mine did when I was rearended. Makes me sick to look at it. Very sorry for your loss.

Hope you have gotten yourself an attorney. Don't let these insurance people screw you over...yours or the other guy's.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

OK, my incident happened yesterday, me going downhill on a curver when suddenlly the car tailspins. I tried to get the car under control and ended up doing a 180 onto the opposite lane. I almost came to a stop next to the sidewalk when a Silverado come up behind me and whaaaammmm!!!! rearends me. the car was in neutral all through the tailspin and after the hit for about 2min running.
The guy is trying to blame it all on me especially since he was the only one who was able to give a report to the cop, I was taken in to a hospital and didn't have a chance to give my side of the story. Plus, I later found out he has a friend that an insurance lawer for Farmer's Insurance that claims to be a witness even though there were none, that also blames it on me.
Do you guys think the black box will help, what do you guys suggest I should tell my insurance agent to get my car fixed, Its for sure over 5 grand in damage.
Hi Cumbias,
First sorry to hear you had the accident - I hope you are OK. The car can be fixed or replaced but people can't.
I am sorry to disappoint you but if this is story, you are at fault. Your car went out of control into the on coming traffic causing the accident. The fact that you lost control will not look good for you. I don’t think the black box will help at all. The other guy can say that he could not avoid the accident because you came at him and he could not avoid or stop in time - sorry.
Bill
Old 01-31-2006, 01:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The insuarance said that its a total loss and they're going to pay me $18,569.31. Now it looks like I have a real problem with the Body-shop. During the accident the CD-changer got stuck in the back with 12 CDs inside. The day I drop off the car at the shop I let them knopw about the CD's and that I wasn't able to get them out. I asked them if they could please take them out and let me know when they did. I return a week later to see if they took them out and suddenly they're gone!!!!!

Over the past weeks I've been arguing with the clerks and mechanics to find them. Today I finally decide to have a talk with the "big guy"(should have done it sooner) and his words are "Are you saying I took them....she(the clerk) gave you the option to take them out and you refused.... the latch was open so anybody could have taken it when it was parked in your driveway....if you want to take a legal action go ahead I know how to deal with this ****...."

With the tone he was saying it it seemed he wanted to intimiditate me. When I left the office I decided to call a feww attorneys and one of them told me that the insurance does have a to be involved, BAR can be used, and that this would be a small claim.

By the looks of it, this looks headed to court. The only thing I realy woory about is 2 CD's that me and my brother got in 2000 in Mexico wich I can't find nowhere on ebay or mecadolibre.com
CD1: Pepsi Euforia Rock en Español Vol. 1
CD2: Dragon Ball - Dragon Ball Z (spanish)

Last edited by Cumbias; 01-31-2006 at 01:28 AM. Reason: easier to read

Quick Reply: bad wreck - crash data?