General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Help! Gas Won't Go IN Tank!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 11:38 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine does it to. I have just resigned myself to not being able to squeeze the handle the whole way. Long times at the pump...as if we didn't spend enough time there already LOL. My gas needle is still accurate however. Has anyone seen a recall or anything? This does seem to be a problem.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:00 PM
Staging Lane

a buddy of mine had this problem after getting a engine installed. it turned out to be a vaccum connection was left off. The vaccum line traveled with the fuel lines.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

sorry 2 bring back an old thread but my car threw a SES light and its not letting me fill up.......i know the car is on empty, but it just clicks and the gas splashes out like its topped off even though its not.
Old 02-17-2008, 03:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok so i fixed the problem, i was getting the SES code also so i had a friend scan it and i got the EVAP code......so i took it to one of the few gas stations that had the longer older pump and i started pumping and it did the same thing again!!!! so this time i turned the pump upside down and jammed it in there and it filled up fine, i filled it up again this time normal right side up withouth forcing the pump in and it filled up just fine......the code is gone also so im guessing it was just irregular pressure in the gas tank
Old 02-17-2008, 03:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah when you push it all the way in then the air that is in the tank has no where to go when your filling the tank because the nozzle forms a seal and therefore the check ball is activating and causing the gas handle to click off because it thinks the tank is full..insert nozzle in a lil ways and pull back a hair and you wont have any problems

Quick Reply: Help! Gas Won't Go IN Tank!