General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Car making all kinds of noise

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 09:05 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car making all kinds of noise

so today me and my buddy decide to work on my car puttin on my strut tower brace that has caused nothing but problems so we put it on and drive around and the car makes this werid ticking type noise about idle. So i thought if we took it back off to see what it was so we did. and we also realized that the dumbass at GM that workd on my car had taken my band clamp on that seals where the Y pipe and I pipe meet. So we put a C clamp on there.

So we go to Napa to buy another band clamp and i go down the road a lil bit and make a left turn and my car sounds like i ran something metal over and its caught up under my car so i pull over and we see ntohing, keep driving all parnoid and thinking what it could be so i pull into the parking lot and make sharp left turns to see if it will do it again. and it does same noise it first i thought i left a tool or something under the hood but no.

IT sounds like pieces are falling off my car. It no longer does it anymore thought. But it scared the **** out of me and would like to know what it was.?
Old 02-23-2006, 07:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ha ha , this happend in my last firebird (94) if we are talkning bout the same thing, i kept heaing it too like metal peices falling off clanking, the whole shabang. id go look n nuthin, finally i found out the band clamp was just loose enough to be rattling on the pipe, tightend it up and it went away, hopefully this is your prob, if not good luck.