General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Found an ONLINE STORE that sells GC 0W-30!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 05:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok after doing my research i found that mobil one is alot better for your car then this GERMAN GC oil...i took my car to the track and ran it after a few runs my lifters started making alot of noise, they were getting sticky ..this was with the GC oil!!!! i found that the german oil GC has 11.9 NOACK value, when mobil 1 has 9.3 NOACK value!! do not be fooled by the german GC! noack means burning at high temps and becoming gumpy ect....good luck i will no longer be using GC!!!!!!!!!!

however ams oil has a noack value of 5.4 witch is the absolute best you be the judge

PS i have a turbo car so my car burns really hoT!!
Old 09-21-2006, 06:36 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TondSS
ok after doing my research i found that mobil one is alot better for your car then this GERMAN GC oil...i took my car to the track and ran it after a few runs my lifters started making alot of noise, they were getting sticky ..this was with the GC oil!!!! i found that the german oil GC has 11.9 NOACK value, when mobil 1 has 9.3 NOACK value!! do not be fooled by the german GC! noack means burning at high temps and becoming gumpy ect....good luck i will no longer be using GC!!!!!!!!!!

however ams oil has a noack value of 5.4 witch is the absolute best you be the judge

PS i have a turbo car so my car burns really hoT!!
don't be fooled? okay, i won't let the seemingly endless stream of independent and unbiased tests fool me. i'll start believing the company sponsored tests instead. i don't care what the values you post are. it's proven time and time again your engine wears less with GC. so what do you want, then? maybe you should post up that the conditions it's going to take to clump these oils will never be seen by our cars and they're completely unrealistic? i bet you that your values posted is AMERICAN CASTROL. you should verify that. how about some links? what you posted has no grounds and should be dismissed without proper verification. countless oil analysis tests have shown that GC 0W-30 has significantly less engine wear than mobil 1.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

He posted in #109
Old 09-21-2006, 08:21 PM
On The Tree

ChocoTaco369, I've been reading your posts for a while and you seem to make more logical sense than most others. So, this weekend I decided to change out the 0w40 Mobil 1 to GC 0w30. I understand that it is suppose to be protecting better, but the lifter ticking noise is WAAAAY louder now. In fact, even after the car is up to temperature you can still hear the tapping sounds...especially when the engine is revved up and the RPMs settle back to throttle.

I may be overreacting, but I am little concerned that there is so much more clatter now.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:51 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by Rybo Flavin
ChocoTaco369, I've been reading your posts for a while and you seem to make more logical sense than most others. So, this weekend I decided to change out the 0w40 Mobil 1 to GC 0w30. I understand that it is suppose to be protecting better, but the lifter ticking noise is WAAAAY louder now. In fact, even after the car is up to temperature you can still hear the tapping sounds...especially when the engine is revved up and the RPMs settle back to throttle.

I may be overreacting, but I am little concerned that there is so much more clatter now.
my engine clatters a little bit, also. it's pretty loud at startup. i INTEND to send this batch of oil out to be analyzed to see my results with the GC 0W-30. after that, i intend to give mobil 1 5W-40 a shot just to see how it compares in an analysis with the same mileage. i've never gotten my GC 0W-30 tested, i've only read others and i base my information off of testing history, but if i can find something better, i'll dump the GC in a heartbeat. my advice to you is to get it tested. there's a company called "blackstone" that analyzes oil that some board members recommend. they send you a FREE test kit and you send them i believe 4 oz of your oil and a check for $20. i intend to get my GC 0W-30 analyzed after 4,000 miles, then get mobil 1 5W-40 analyzed over 4,000 miles. i will run the better of the two. too bad both are a PITA to find. i'm going away to college next week, so getting these test results will probably take me into next year. i urge you to try the tests on your own. no engine is 100% the same, afterall.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:28 AM
10 Second Club

i wont be buying this stuff again ! my lifters sounded like i blew the motor afteer the second pass! it ruined my hole day!
Old 09-22-2006, 02:21 PM
TECH Addict

who sells mobil 5w40 in south jersey?

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
my engine clatters a little bit, also. it's pretty loud at startup. i INTEND to send this batch of oil out to be analyzed to see my results with the GC 0W-30. after that, i intend to give mobil 1 5W-40 a shot just to see how it compares in an analysis with the same mileage. i've never gotten my GC 0W-30 tested, i've only read others and i base my information off of testing history, but if i can find something better, i'll dump the GC in a heartbeat. my advice to you is to get it tested. there's a company called "blackstone" that analyzes oil that some board members recommend. they send you a FREE test kit and you send them i believe 4 oz of your oil and a check for $20. i intend to get my GC 0W-30 analyzed after 4,000 miles, then get mobil 1 5W-40 analyzed over 4,000 miles. i will run the better of the two. too bad both are a PITA to find. i'm going away to college next week, so getting these test results will probably take me into next year. i urge you to try the tests on your own. no engine is 100% the same, afterall.
Old 09-22-2006, 03:54 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by 98camaroLS1M6
who sells mobil 5w40 in south jersey?
i found some at my local napa. $5.99/quart. ouch

the only other place i've looked is wal mart and they didn't have it. i didn't check advance or autozone.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:41 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
i found some at my local napa. $5.99/quart. ouch

the only other place i've looked is wal mart and they didn't have it. i didn't check advance or autozone.
that's the same price as GC 0w30 near me.
Old 09-23-2006, 02:20 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by 98camaroLS1M6
that's the same price as GC 0w30 near me.
GC retails at $5.49/quart at my local autozone. however, they may have had a price increase as i haven't bought oil in 2 months.