General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Chirping noise...

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 10:46 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Chirping noise...

My car started making a funny chirping noise last night after I went WOT. I didnt not redline, I shifted at about 5900-6000 K and it was just a little quick blip of the gas to see how the tires hooked in 2nd gear. As I was driving home the noise was there and it would happen at almost any RPM below 2K. Going up my driveway, I let the RPMS drop to about 600 and put the clutch in and the noise would match the Engine rpm, as the rpm went to about 1100 the noise also got a bit louder. After I got out, I looked over the belts and everything looked fine. So I forgot about it and went inside. Then this morning, as soon as I start the car, my low coolant sensor comes on. So I take care of that and let it sit for a bit, then fire the car up again...same noise...it is worse when the car is cold. I changed the serpentine belt maybe in April or May. Can it be time for a new one? Gatorback? Any other noises to check for? Idler Pulley? I dont really know my pulleys or belts

Thanks
Old 11-15-2006, 10:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's gonna be the belt or the idler pulley, start with the belt and if that doesnt fix it, your problem is with the idler pulley