Old 02-23-2007, 06:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^i thought ud own stock in autozone
Old 02-23-2007, 06:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Camaro Girl
That's why I don't buy anything electrical from Auto Zone.. Something always goes bad or doesn't work at all.

It's not like Optima is an Autozone brand......it's a fact of industry that every so often a bad one will somehow make it through the various safety checks. Don't blame it on the retailer.

As for the warranty, computers are fallible, receipts aren't.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

The answer to the this question is simple... If there is a 1-800 Number on the doors to auto zone call it.. the customer is always RIGHT in CORP.s eyes...
Old 02-23-2007, 09:55 PM
Teching In

I use to work at Autozone, so I can probably help you out. It its not coming up under your number, try your name. If not than try your last name and the store number you bought it from. Also check to see if maybe they didnt place the battery under another car's warranty. Also optimas aint that great of a battery, we use to have them come back all the time.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:00 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Phase1GSR
I use to work at Autozone, so I can probably help you out. It its not coming up under your number, try your name. If not than try your last name and the store number you bought it from. Also check to see if maybe they didnt place the battery under another car's warranty. Also optimas aint that great of a battery, we use to have them come back all the time.
Thanks for the advice, you've been one of the most helpful and honest. I already tried all of that, none of it worked. Thanks anyway though... I have to call the district manager on Monday.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:20 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Camaro Girl
That's why I don't buy anything electrical from Auto Zone.. Something always goes bad or doesn't work at all.

good idea....wait..a few electrical parts that autozone sells are dealer parts wait...that means that it comes in a duralast box or whatever but inside is an acdelco bag with a part inside and it doesn't work well god daing its autozones part there fault... seriously don't kill the messenger
Old 02-25-2007, 05:46 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ls1owner4life
Take it to Costco if you have a membership and show them the sticker. They have a great return policy especially if you told them you bought it there. I would know since I used to work there =)
You are wrong, They can track purchase history through membership. I would know as I WORK there. Best price on optimas though. That sucks that if autozone is deleting purchase history on optimas like b's90cam said
Old 02-26-2007, 08:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ls1owner4life
Take it to Costco if you have a membership and show them the sticker. They have a great return policy especially if you told them you bought it there. I would know since I used to work there =)
You can do this at walmart as well. You can return something there even if you didn't buy it there (no receipt). You are allowed to do this 3 times a year.

I got a ps3 game for christmas that was supposed to be a ps2 game, well my dad got it off ebay for $40 so we tried to return it at wal mart and they gave us $65 store credit. So then we went and bought the game for ps2 for $40, so i picked up an extra 25 bucks lol.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:54 AM
Launching!

I love them. I used their lifetime warrenty on 3 alternators then I ended up returning it after about 2 weeks of using the last one
Old 02-26-2007, 05:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by red92rsls1
You are wrong, They can track purchase history through membership. I would know as I WORK there. Best price on optimas though. That sucks that if autozone is deleting purchase history on optimas like b's90cam said
Have you seen the sh*t costco lets people return. In some cases they might reject something in others they wont. Its a toss up and worh a try. It all ends up in RTV anyways.

Quick Reply: I Hate Autozone!!!!