General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Where to find weatherstripping?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 12:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to find weatherstripping?

I'm looking to replace the weatherstripping on my hatch and door/t-tops (basically ALL of the weatherstripping). I've tried searching on google, and it's hard to find weatherstripping for a 2000. I keep coming up with plenty of sites that sell it for 1st and 2nd gens, even some 3rd gens, but NOTHING for 4th gens. I even searched here on LS1tech and some of the brands that have been recommended - they don't carry weatherstripping for 4th gens (atleast not according to their websites). Soooo, if someone could please throw out some recommendations, i'd appreciate it! Need to get these leaks finally fixed.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:53 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,059 Posts

These cars are still rather new, so I'm sure the dealer can get a complete weather stripping kit for you. Honestly I'd be surprised if any aftermarket compaines were making it for the 4th gens yet, since the market wouldn't be very big considering the young age of these cars.

What happened that all the weatherstripping on your '00 car would need to be replaced? Are you sure it's just not some adjustment needed, or maybe just some new adhesive needed?
Old 03-25-2007, 01:21 PM
On The Tree

Well, the weatherstripping on the hatch is actually rippled and torn in a couple places, and i'm getting leaks in on both sides, right about where the speakers are. And the weatherstripping arould the door on my driver's side isn't right, there is a gap between the window and the stripping, and water comes in there. so those areas both have to be re-done. I was hoping to find a kit that included everything, that way i'd have have it incase the rest of it went bad. I don't know why it's so bad...i've had the car for about a year now, leaks started in a few months back. The weatherstripping on the hatch has pretty much been that way since I've had it. I think the previous owner just didn't take care of this car at ALL. I'd really hate to have to deal with the dealership...they're ******** and they know how I feel about them...lol. But I'll do what I have to. Just thought i'd see if there were any other options.
Old 03-25-2007, 01:31 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,059 Posts

Sounds like you're right about the hatch, if it's torn then it needs to be replaced.

But this part.....
Originally Posted by 2000SSGirl
And the weatherstripping arould the door on my driver's side isn't right, there is a gap between the window and the stripping, and water comes in there.
Are you sure it's not a window or door alignment issue (sagging, damaged hinges, etc.)? Where exactly is the gap and how big is it?
Old 03-25-2007, 01:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Try ecklerscamaro, I'm sure they sell it - not cheap though.
Old 03-25-2007, 02:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
Sounds like you're right about the hatch, if it's torn then it needs to be replaced.

But this part.....

Are you sure it's not a window or door alignment issue (sagging, damaged hinges, etc.)? Where exactly is the gap and how big is it?

I'm sure it's not a window or door alignment, already thought about that. Had a couple other people look at it too. It's right at the top corner of the window there on the right. It's like the stripping doesn't come out far enough, it doesn't press against the glass quite as much as it should, and when I wash the car, water rolls right in. It's not a big enough gap that you can like SEE between the window and the stripping, lol. Just enough that water can leak in.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, you should check with a GM dealer, they should have it on stock and ready to go along with your wallet.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:13 PM
Teching In

try hawksthirdgen.com, i know they have the t-top stripping.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:32 PM
12 Second Club

+1 on HawksThirdGen. I got the T-top and other weatherstrip for my IROC from them. Good people to deal with.

I believe what you're looking for is right here.
(Sorry for the non-sponsor link, but I don't think any of our sponsor's carry weatherstrip.)

I'm not seeing a hatch piece there... PM sent for that.

Quick Reply: Where to find weatherstripping?