General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

oo ford ranger turn signal switch...

Old 04-02-2007, 11:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default oo ford ranger turn signal switch...

my uncle took has an overdue sticker on his truck window and has been cited by his town to get it inspected...the high beams werent working so he too the switch apart and he lost a spring thats supposed to go inside....what is involved to replace the turn signal lever on the steering column?? i dont want to see him incarsarated or have an accident...help guys!
Old 04-03-2007, 04:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Buy a new switch and be done with it.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:36 PM
TECH Resident

reminds me of that scence in the movie crash where the locksmith is at the convience store....."i fixed the lock you need a new door!! no no fix the lock!! i fixed the lock ok, no come back here fix the lock!!...the guy didnt repair the problem, basically just said i cant help you...

the junk yard doesnt have the switch, im assuming its a dealer part...what about the instalation?
Old 04-03-2007, 06:32 PM
Launching!

I would think Napa would have them, Ive seen them in the HELP ME! sections at Kragen and Autozone
Old 04-04-2007, 08:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

#2 phillips screwdriver
small flathead screwdriver
ChannelLocks aka adjustable pliers
T15/T20 TorX bit driver

Remove the phillips head screws from the steering column lower shroud. Some models will have an additional screw behind the lower dash cover, which must be removed for access (7/32" screws)

Use ChannelLocks to remove tilt lever - it will be quite hard to turn!

Gently separate upper and lower steering column covers to expose switch. Remove the 2 TorX screws, one above and one below (could be either T15 or T20). Use small flathead screwdriver to release connectors.

Install is self-explanatory.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:21 PM
TECH Resident

woah, thats exactly what i was looking for... heres an update...

after the $75 multiswitch, his highbeams still fail to function...took it to inspection and we are told to hand them lis, reg, insur, and step out of the vehical, through a door and walk to the end of the hall and wait in a little booth...well we walked there and 10 minutes later we walkked back to see how the truck was doing, and we are told that we cant watch...i ask why? he says you have to go back into the booth...i told him im clostrophobic and i hate being around people, and he says you have to go there or else im going to get the state trooper and he will make you...i guess i upset him?

she comes over and asks is this your green truck? i said yea, she goes oh man...i ask her whats wrong? and she says 3 things...

long story short the $75 multifunction switch failed to fix the issue with the highbeams, luckily she didnt check them... at least his blinkers work now... thanks Matt for the install tip..

she failed it for a faulty interior door handle... i had no trouble opening it...i asked her how she got out of the truck, said she reached the handle through the window.

now she says you have to have a tailgate to pass inspection in jersey...

i think next time we go we are going to have a more civil attitude, a follow sheep, herd type...BAHHHH

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: oo ford ranger turn signal switch...