General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

The Never Ending Belt Squeal.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 07:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

had the same problem mine turned out to be the alternator, changed that and it was all good.

mine only made noise when the car was on idle, i changed everything possible and that was the problem. give it a shot might be that.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had the same problem, replaced both of my belts..still squeaked, then got an UD pulley with new belts and still squeaked, it turned out to be my ac pulley, so i just cut the belt free and havent heard the noise since
Old 04-24-2007, 01:43 PM
Launching!

fixed mine it was the ac pully bearing. that was fun to replace.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i had the exacnt same problem. My belt was worn out so i replaced it along with the a/c belt and 300 miles or so later the very loud almost a chirping squeak came back. So then i replaced the idler pulley and also replaced my alternator and it stopped for like 15 miles. So then I said ok ill cut off my a/c belt and it still squeaked after that. Finally I took it to a local mechanic who we have done alot of business with and he said my crank pulley had a wobble to it and he thinks thats what caused the squeak. So i replaced that with a slp underdrive pulley and the belts along with a new a/c belt and 2000 miles later no squeaks but I would definetly check out every other pulley have someone take a look at it. Also all the belt dressing does it make things way way worse it never helps maybe for a few mins but in the end it will always get worse
goodluck I know how you feel it sucks when ur driving down the road and its squeaking away
goodluck and check that crank pulley pulley

Quick Reply: The Never Ending Belt Squeal.