General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

seafoamed today

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 06:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by beaSSt
ChocoTaco369
I suggest you do a poll for everyone who has actually used SeaFoam to post if they had any problems rather than "I read on the internet" or "I heard from somebody who new somebody".
Or just do a search and as this topic has seen a lot of mileage.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:28 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 01Z28M6
This is the theory anyway and has been the posted result by more than one person.
exactly. it's just theory.

seafoam doesn't hurt O2 sensors or cats. all it does is blow smoke. does that add to wear and tear? absolutely. it adds to wear and tear slightly more than if you wouldn't have used the seafoam. if seafoam causes something to break, it was probably going to break any day now. seafoam will not cause something that isn't about to break already to break.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

back from the dead

I'v seafoamed every car I'v had (acura CL, neon, maxima, intrepid, 94 firebird) and will do the next car.. no O2 failures hell even bad plugs for that matter... brings power back and makes them idle so smooth
Old 01-30-2008, 02:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

I had heard all the rumors and was still doubtfull of what would happen, I did it to my ford f-150 with 218k on the clock with no rebuild...got one ****** hell of a smoke show, more than I was expecting and at first it smelt funny too. It ran great afterwards, didnt have any problem with the o2's or plugs, even though I changed them about a week later when I got paid. Ive used it on all of my vehicles since...
Old 01-30-2008, 07:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
not true. where do you get this info from?
Hi Folks
I can tell you when I did my 97 Z-28 with Seaform, SES light came on after and the driver side Cat had to be replaced. I can tell it happened right after the Seaform, did that cause it - maybe or maybe not.
thanks
Bill
Old 01-30-2008, 09:26 AM
On The Tree

Your cat was prolly already shot and about ready to be replaced anyway!
Old 01-31-2008, 12:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by waiting2bl33d
true story. ^ any fuel, or gas line cleaner is going to loosen up shat. depending on how long you do your reasearch on products you can find a few threads (not on here, well maybe but i doubt it) that the lucas fuel additive has ruined injectors because there was rust in the fuel rail and when the lucas came through it picked it up and got it stuck in the fuel injector. if you keep your maintence up on your car there is no way that any of the normal cleaners are going to do anything.
i always heard it was that the stuff would destory the coil windings in the injecotors and thats why because people were adding to much of cleaner and not enough gas to mix with it.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fuseone
i always heard it was that the stuff would destory the coil windings in the injecotors and thats why because people were adding to much of cleaner and not enough gas to mix with it.
never heard that one.. 4 oz for 10 gal or something is the can... I got 2 clear soda pop bottles cut and marked just for seafoam at my shop